Your favorite tracks on ... "UP"

• I went for No Way Out, Growing Up and Sky Blue.

My first impulse was Signal To Noise, but I think the big drama of this song is starting not to age well.

My second impulse was I Grieve. While it certainly is an outstanding song that depicts the numbness that takes hold when you lose someone very dear as well as the final reassertion of life, I cannot in good faith call it a "favourite" track on UP.

Had the question been for the most accomplished song on UP, the ones that do what they do better than the other songs do what they do, I Grieve would have been first by a long margin on my list.

No Way Out is, perhaps, my proxy for I Grieve. I like Growing Up for its general "life is a funny old thing" stance and the upbeat music, and Sky Blue for its meditativeness (if that isn't a word it should be).

...cried a voice in the crowd.

• very interesting examinations

actually there are indeed better versions of Signal To Noise, i.e. on New Blood or the one on the Tibet CD.

I disagree regarding I Grieve - that really touches me, probably even stronger because of the very personal experience related to that song. So it will always be a favorite of mine (although I am pleased he never tried to do that with orchestra)

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• Come to think of it, imagine Peter did with Signal To Noise what he did with Here Comes The Flood: Take the original superbigscreen arrangement and reduce it to the bare bones in a way that retains the essence of the song. Now that might be very exciting!

...cried a voice in the crowd.