Your favorite tracks on ... "US"

• It's still my favourite of PG's albums, because it touches me in a way none of the other albums do. I think he must have been in a very deep/spiritual place at the time he made this album.

I know what you mean, this album has grown over time. I touches me more today than it did ... 30 years ago (ouch!)

favorites: Come talk to me, Digging and Secreot world.

I also like Washing of the water, but the Jools Holland version, not the Us album version

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• Official Post

This album seems to have a "logical" top three. Nevertheless I thought Love To Be Loved and Washing Of The Water would perform better.

• I also love Steam but It's just a bit too similar to the mighty Sledgehammer. As for Kiss That Frog I don't think it's meant to be taken that seriously.

I agree about the similarities between Sledgehammer and Steam. And for that matter I lump Kiss That Frog into the same category of those two songs—uptempo with a heavy wink toward sexual innuendos. My take is that PG was trying to recapture the musical—and commercial—magic of Sledgehammer.

• Official Post

Come Talk To Me and Secret World are obvious choices for me. Both belong to my all time Gabriel classics. Track 3 was more difficult. I considered Love To Be Loved, Digging In The Dirt and Kiss That Frog - and have chosen Kiss That Frog. I always had an affection for this track.

• Come Talk To Me and Secret World are obvious choices for me. Both belong to my all time Gabriel classics. Track 3 was more difficult. I considered Love To Be Loved, Digging In The Dirt and Kiss That Frog - and have chosen Kiss That Frog. I always had an affection for this track.

I thought Come Talk To Me was especially good in the version which opened most of the shows on the i/o tour.

• Official Post

I think you mix it up with Washing Of The Water - don't you?

No, his post refers to a posting of the official PG sites on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube, which said just that. Obviously wrong, at least the Facebook post has been corrected.

• Very hard for me, this one.

My favourite PG album, although it took a long time to get there...

It has the lushness/production of So, with the more emotional side of PG's later work. I think US hits the sweet spot.

Blood of Eden is possibly my favourite track on any album. With the passing of Sinead O'Connor it's now even more poignant.

A few years after this album came out I was going through a tough time, and this album and the live album really helped me through.

• Not an album I know, but I was hopeful on mis-reading "Fourteen Black Puddings" - that's a song I'd like to hear.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Official Post

For me, "Secret world" is one of his best songs ever. I was surprised he didn't play that during the i/o tour.

"Come talk to me" comes close ...

Then "Love to be loved", one of his hidden gems maybe, but this has always been a favorite of mine as well.

• Nice to see some love being expressed for "Love To Be Loved," my favourite song on the album.

I concur with Willow, it is sort of a "hidden gem," frequently overshadowed by some of the other deservedly praised tracks like "Secret World," "Come Talk To Me" and "Digging In The Dirt."

• "Love to be loved"

"Secret world"

"Washing of the water"

And "Digging ..." would be my #4 here.

Same three for me. I probably have Come Talk To Me fourth and Digging fifth.

Having a song as great as Digging In The Dirty only place fifth shows how strong the album is.

• Come talk to me

Steam

Secret world

Tough choice, Digging and Love to be loved and Blood of eden are close.

After all, there are also tracks I really don't like and for me are "not worth" being on that album - 14 black paintings and also Only us (one of the strangest things he ever put on record, imo).

So, unlike i/o (for example), you have very strong tracks and then some tracks below average. Nevertheless a great album.

PS: A 5.1 version would be great!

some are wise ... and some otherwise