2. Mercy Street (31) 60%
    3. Sledgehammer (21) 40%
    4. In Your Eyes (18) 35%
    5. We Do What We're Told (Milgram's 37) (15) 29%
    6. Don't Give Up (13) 25%
    7. That Voice Again (7) 13%
    8. Big Time (5) 10%
    9. This Is The Picture (Excellent Birds) (4) 8%

Following the albums poll about Phil Collins and Genesis, we'd like to start the favorite tracks poll also for PETER GABRIEL.

This one is about his album So, released in 1986.

So far available:

Rated PG

Scratch My Back

UP

US

• Red rain

Mercy street

We do what we're told

I remember studying psychology and reading about the experiments Milgram's 37 refers to and it really resonated with me. To boot, I think I was reading Firestarter around the same time which features government experimenting on people.

I like So a lot. In addition to the above tracks, Don't Give Up is terrific. Fun trivia, it's Matthew Perry's (Chandler in Friends) favorite song. Don't ask me where I picked up that nugget.

• Tough one. Im surprised In Your Eyes isn't at the top, as it's comfortably top in my opinion. Although I prefer to see it at the beginning of Side 2, not at the end!

I'm a big PG solo fan ( I saw this tour) and a HUGE Kate Bush fan, but to be honest, Don't Give Up has always left me a bit cold. I think it's the chorus.

Along with IYE I went with Sledgehammer and That Voice Again

• "Red rain" is my all time Gabriel favorite

"Don't give up" may be his best ballad (at least in my opinion)

the third track was tough, a bit of a lottery. In the end I went for "We do what we're told", probably also because it's more or less representing the dark side of the record.

• Official Post

Quite a few people have picked “That Voice Again”, I also like that tune and was really happy he rediscovered the track during the Still Growing Up Tour. Then of course it was played regularly during the Back To Front tour.

also, the so DNA version of that is great! With vocals by Youssou N”Dour

• ... talking about the coolness of I have the touch in the other threas - on So that's Excellent birds. That's one of those tracks that seems to be very different from the rest of the album, but adds a lot to is as a whole.

Red rain and That voice again are my other choices. Mercy street is also very good, but I played it too much I believe

• Official Post

Red Rain is my pet hate song, not just on So but also among all of Peter's song.

My problem with Red Rain is coming down, Red Rain, is that Red Rain is coming down, Red Rain contains the line Red Rain is coming down, Red Rain so often that the line Red Rain is coming down, Red Rain in the song Red Rain is coming down, Red Rain has become most annoying in the ceaseless repetition of ... you-know-which-line.

Having said that, my votes go to In Your Eyes, Mercy Street and This Is The Picture.

• Official Post

Red Rain is my pet hate song, not just on So but also among all of Peter's song.

My problem with Red Rain is coming down, Red Rain, is that Red Rain is coming down, Red Rain contains the line Red Rain is coming down, Red Rain so often that the line Red Rain is coming down, Red Rain in the song Red Rain is coming down, Red Rain has become most annoying in the ceaseless repetition of ... you-know-which-line.

Having said that, my votes go to In Your Eyes, Mercy Street and This Is The Picture.

I could see that. I’m surprised that Sledgehammer has gotten so little love here. I know it’s the obvious hit, and a bit overplayed, at least in the states, but I still consider it a great song.