Interesting reaction video to Firth of Fifth by a classical music composer

• Thought this reaction and analysis to Firth of Fifth was interesting, if you like diving deep in terms of music theory and composition.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

That's really fascinating. FInally a better "reaction to..." video. Those videos with young people reacting to old music have become a bit boring, so this is really refreshing. Thanks for sharing!

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I am not a musician, but I like experts doing reviews like this, although this is pure maths probably - without the emotion that is always attached to the music. Will check this out later, thx for sharing!

• Hi all,

Brand-new member here, so it seems appropriate that I should make my debut commenting on this video, which I just found yesterday. What an engaging hour of video (this one plus the Supper's Ready reaction video). I'm a sucker for music theory and "what-makes-this-song-great" type breakdowns, so this was right up my alley. And I continue to be surprised that even after 35 years of close , repeated listening, these songs evoke such a transcendent joy. Masterful music by a very special group of musicians.

The sands of time are eroded by the river of constant change.

• I am not a musician, but I like experts doing reviews like this, although this is pure maths probably - without the emotion that is always attached to the music. Will check this out later, thx for sharing!

I get the sense that he is also experiencing the emotion in the music. He also comments on the relationship between the message in the lyrics and what is happening musically.

• Thanks for posting this. As this is one of my top 5 ever songs I found this very interesting and agreed with his analysis until he said there was too much music in it, to me it is perfect but we all hear things differently.

Welcome to the forum Can-Utility.

• Thanks for posting this. As this is one of my top 5 ever songs I found this very interesting and agreed with his analysis until he said there was too much music in it, to me it is perfect but we all hear things differently.

Welcome to the forum Can-Utility.

I didn't take anything negative at all in his review.

He mentions that it's one of the 5-10 best songs by a pop music artist that he's ever heard. I don't think he was complaining that there was too much music. He said specifically that he wishes the song was even longer, to more fully appreciate everything going on in the song.

• My daughter, who is 25 has just decided to investigate Genesis. She knows I'm a Genesis nut, so she's been exposed to it for years.

She started on TOTT, which she loved, and then ATTWT, which she also liked a lot.

Most recently she listened to Selling England, which she absolutely loved, and FOF is her favourite track.

It makes me so proud....;(:D

• The definition of great parenting!