STEVE HACKETT - Surrender of Silence (release date: 10th September 2021)

• Official Post

All info also on our site here (cover, tracklist etc)

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…lence-announced-n734.html

• I thought his blurb about it which I read in the Facebook post was a bit over the top.

'It’s a ‘no holds barred’ album riding that wave, unleashing those demons, dreams and nightmares, all crashing together over the shore. I enjoyed the power of this album allowing my guitar to scream in joy and rage…'

OK Steve, whatever you say. I hope so. I also wish that you would change the font for your name & album title.

• 'It’s a ‘no holds barred’ album riding that wave, unleashing those demons, dreams and nightmares, all crashing together over the shore. I enjoyed the power of this album allowing my guitar to scream in joy and rage…'

OK Steve, whatever you say.

😂

Are we sure this album isn't actually called Surrender to Hyperbole? What a load of overheated verbiage. It must surely have been written for a dare or as a joke. Any album that did do all that would be unlistenable.

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

In case not seen, line-up/cover/tracks/further bluster here.

basically the same I have put up on this site yesterday as well:

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…lence-announced-n734.html

• Are we sure this album isn't actually called Surrender to Hyperbole? What a load of overheated verbiage.

Well, anyone who's followed Steve for any length of time should be aware of his unfortunate tendency to verbally over-glorify his own work.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, the new title "Scorched Earth" is a translation of the earlier Steve title "Sierra Quemada".

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Official Post

Well, anyone who's followed Steve for any length of time should be aware of his unfortunate tendency to verbally over-glorify his own work.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, the new title "Scorched Earth" is a translation of the earlier Steve title "Sierra Quemada".

indeed you are right. But the two tracks have nothing in common apart from the fact they are both from

Steve

• Official Post

I had a chance to listen to the album already,. And there's a lot of stunning stuff on it!

• That’s interesting Christian- without breaking any confidences would you say it is similar to the last few albums or is there more of the light and shade a lot of us would like to see?

• Official Post

some sounds familar, some sounds different. Overall, it's stunning what Steve plays (fast playing) and his vocals are really great on some of the tracks. So in a nutshell, while it is of course a Hackett album with some typical Hackett stuff, he also explores new ground and the sound is also quite powerful on several tracks.

I will need more time to evaluate the album, but it was indeed a pleasant surprise.

• I will need more time to evaluate the album, but it was indeed a pleasant surprise.

The question is, so far does it seem to you that it’s no holds barred, unleashing demons, dreams and nightmares, all crashing together over the shore, while his guitar screams in joy and rage?

Abandon all reason

• some sounds familar, some sounds different. Overall, it's stunning what Steve plays (fast playing) and his vocals are really great on some of the tracks. So in a nutshell, while it is of course a Hackett album with some typical Hackett stuff, he also explores new ground and the sound is also quite powerful on several tracks.

I will need more time to evaluate the album, but it was indeed a pleasant surprise.

Thanks Christian, sounds promising!

• some sounds familar, some sounds different. Overall, it's stunning what Steve plays (fast playing) and his vocals are really great on some of the tracks. So in a nutshell, while it is of course a Hackett album with some typical Hackett stuff, he also explores new ground and the sound is also quite powerful on several tracks.

thanks for this brief insight, sounds rather promising. Then again, being a musician who has released 25+ albums, you cannot expect a revolution. But you can expect a good album.

... make tomorrow today!

• I’d like to see Steve make a more simpler album actually. An album of songs with different singers, a little bit stripped down.
    This is of course no complaint. Just a thought. Being a fan of Guitar Noir, I think this could be a fascinating project.

Nevertheless, I’m looking forward to his new album as well.

• Christian

Changed the title of the thread from “Steve Hackett announces release of new electric album: Surrender of Silence” to “STEVE HACKETT - Surrender of Silence (release date: 10th September 2021)”.
  • awful cover. But let's wait for the music, that's more important anyway

After the horrible cover of Wolflight and The Night Siren - At the Edge of the light was quite beautiful - I am much more excited by this cover which refers to lyric abstraction.