STEVE HACKETT - Surrender of Silence (release date: 10th September 2021)

• The new track is great! Looking forward to hearing the whole album. Will also buy the deluxe version, I have all the surround versions so this won’t be an exception.

By the way; is anyone trying to get all the different vinyl versions?

• Not sure about Fox’s tango. It’s okay but to me Steve is going round in circles musically. Last time he did something new was quite a while ago (apart from special albums like his classical stuff)

and no, no vinyl. Not even the black 😃

... make tomorrow today!

• Our preview copy does indeed reveal different elements on the album, some would say that tracks like Fox's Tango are not the strongest tracks on the album.

Yes, in our opinion the biggest breath of fresh ideas seemed to be on Beyond The Shrouded Horizon. But give Surrender in Silence a chance.

TGA

• Official Post

Our preview copy does indeed reveal different elements on the album, some would say that tracks like Fox's Tango are not the strongest tracks on the album.

Yes, in our opinion the biggest breath of fresh ideas seemed to be on Beyond The Shrouded Horizon. But give Surrender in Silence a chance.

TGA

its still a Hackett album and in my opinion, he should leave his comfort zone more often.

Fox’s Tango is far better than Wingbeats and it’s also an example that simpler tracks sometimes work better.
    On other tracks, Steve shows some incredible playing, but all in all I wish he would strip things down a bit.

Day of the Dead and Scorched Earth are my favorites at the moment

• Have to say I'm looking forward to Steve's new album common out soon. I am a huge fan and have everything he's been associated with including partnerships with other artists. Just to point out he is a prog artist and not a pop or rock artist.;)

• Official Post

Surrender Of Silence is Album of the month in Germany’s premier PROG mag Eclipsed

• You can hear just a little bit of the opening track 'The Obliterati' in this video here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Another song released on Youtube, called 'Natalia'

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Exactly. I'm not overwhelmed by any of the three tracks so far.

But, I know I'll still buy the CD. Probably listen to it once, place it on the shelf, and forget all about it.

As I pretty much have with Night Siren and Edge of Light, Wolflight got a few plays first. For that reason, I won't be buying it, as I haven't since Edge of Light. This last track sound exactly like most of those 3. What has happened to him? Once, you could count on his albums to surprise and innovate, it's like he's lost the ability to "hear" what he is doing.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I’d like to see Steve make a more simpler album actually ... a little bit stripped down.

This hits the nail on the head for me.

It wasn’t a “no holds barred … unleashing of demons” that made Steve’s music unique to me.

It was subtle pastel shades, occasional soaring guitar solos and simple but beautiful instrumental passages with a lot of breathing room (think of Hammer In The Sand, Kim, Hands Of The Priestess Part II).

I think Steve's desire to break new ground has led him to produce music that is more complex and fuller sounding, but lacking the variety of elements that to me made those earlier albums more captivating.

• I should point out that I did like the nod to Prokofiev's Dance of the Knights at the start. I like the Russian theme as Russia is the country I have always wished to visit the most. I just know he can do better.

• That one sounds like Brian May dialled in a performance for an obscure Russian songwriting collective of mostly authors who dabble in music.

🤣

Well, the track is okay. I probably would not have chosen this one (nor Wingbeats) as a single … but haven’t heard the other tracks yet.

• Official Post

RELEASE DAY!

You can listen to ALL tracks on our info page here

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…info-and-review-s798.html

Feel free to discuss the album :)

• Official Post

Is the 5.1 Mix worth to buy?

I will check this out next week, when I have enough time. If somebody wants to share his / her thoughs - just go ahead.