Genesis - The Invisible Touch Tour 1986/87

• I think the vast majority of the humongous crowds for the IT tour came for the hits on IT and the previous album, so the setlist had to focus on those. I think including the full ITQE was quite a deep cut, even more than Apocalypse onward, so I was very happy with that.

As long as they produced new music, they have always preferred to play new material. Fair enough. The 2007 and 2021/22 tours didn't have that, so the setlist was put together without that "new album out" thing. Nevertheless, fans will always complain and want different songs ....

• To me, it always comes as a surprise when people are shocked that bands play new material on a tour that is supposed to promote... new material.

At this stage, after 36 years, it just baffles me how people are still shocked that the set list from that tour did not include deep cuts from the Gabriel era.

• I saw one of the Wembley shows and I was blown away by it. There was some imagination in playing the Brazilian even though it was on the IT album. It is only as I get older that I long for a more varied setlist as I was lucky to see on the Duke tour. Although even then a huge part of the show was dominated by the Duke suite. The reality is that a band is touring to promote a new album and they probably look forward to playing lots of new stuff.

• I recently saw a youtube video compiling on-stage screw-ups etc. One of them was a brief clip from an IT tour show when, during the TIOA 60s medley, Collins cuts it short and says "There are some arseholes down at the front, we're off. Goodnight!" Do we know what happened and where this was? (The video annoyingly doesn't caption any of the clips).

Abandon all reason

• Leiden?

They did not play there during this tour... but a nice assumption that is ;)

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• To be honest I was more curious about what exactly the "arseholes down at the front" were doing to cause PC to end the show mid-song, but it'd be interesting to know the venue too.

Abandon all reason

• To be honest I was more curious about what exactly the "arseholes down at the front" were doing to cause PC to end the show mid-song, but it'd be interesting to know the venue too.

I wonder if it was something along the lines of the shoving he called out on the IT tour video, early on in the show. Would be interested to know more too. Do you have a link by any chance? Or would it be ok to share on here if you did (I don't know the rules)?

• I wonder if it was something along the lines of the shoving he called out on the IT tour video, early on in the show.

I was at that Wembley gig when he made the "...we get to watch people throwing up - BLEURGH!" remark (though I was nowhere near the front or doing any pushing).

(In fact, being further back, it was that gig that made me realise my then on-off-on girlfriend wasn't as tall as I thought she was as she couldn't see much of the show. When I said I hadn't realised how short she was she gave a huge grin and said "Big personality, you see" which was true).

Anyway - I'll see if I can find the clip again.

Abandon all reason

• I recently saw a youtube video compiling on-stage screw-ups etc. One of them was a brief clip from an IT tour show when, during the TIOA 60s medley, Collins cuts it short and says "There are some arseholes down at the front, we're off. Goodnight!" Do we know what happened and where this was? (The video annoyingly doesn't caption any of the clips).

Rotterdam, 11/06/87

Edit: Apparently a lot of fighting happened in the front throughout the concert with multiple warnings from Phil before and during the concert.

• Leiden?

Rotterdam, 11/06/87

Edit: Apparently a lot of fighting happened in the front throughout the concert with multiple warnings from Phil before and during the concert.

It seems there's something "special" between Genesis and their Dutch audience...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It seems there's something "special" between Genesis and their Dutch audience...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

interesting, never heard about that before. Thanks for posting!

cheers

Christian

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!