Your favorite tracks on ... "II" (Scratch)

• I went for On the Air, White Shadow and Home Sweet Home, but could have gone on clicking, clicking, clicking: the whole thing is outstanding, dark and powerful and probably the PG album I listened to the most in my distant youth. Love this album.

Right next to Lerxst's Victor in my little head :)

• I went for On the Air, White Shadow and Home Sweet Home, but could have gone on clicking, clicking, clicking: the whole thing is outstanding, dark and powerful and probably the PG album I listened to the most in my distant youth. Love this album.

Right next to Lerxst's Victor in my little head :)

That was exactly my choice

• Massive PG fan here, not a massive fan of his first two albums though, I think he was still throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks and the material is far too uneven imo. Indigo, MoV and White Shadow are my favorites.

• White Shadow and Mother were easy dead certs for me. For the 3rd, I wavered over DIY, Indigo and Exposure and ended up going for DIY but would've picked one of the others on a different day.

I always liked this album, a feeling increased by it being somewhat overlooked even by its creator, certainly on stage.

Abandon all reason

• Mother, wonderful day and white shadow for me. Wonderful Day is quirky and lively and makes me smile, the others have a melancholy charm and Mother of Violence really works well. I remember him in 1979 in Birmingham, sitting at the front of the stage singing this beautifully, despite crackly speakers. A good album, and a few of these tracks would have fitted well on his recent tour

• I remember him in 1979 in Birmingham, sitting at the front of the stage singing this beautifully, despite crackly speakers.

Wow. I didn't see him until the 1980 tour. Any other memories of the PG2 tour? Isn't that when Fripp played, but offstage?

A good album, and a few of these tracks would have fitted well on his recent tour

They definitely would have. I loved the two shows I attended but was sorry to not get anything from this or 4.

Abandon all reason

• On the Air for sure. Although I prefer the polished Plays Live version, the studio version does crackle with energy. I just wish he didn't use that affected, strained voice - maybe he felt it suited the character, but it underserves the melody.

DIY is also better live, but I like the quirky 5/4 groove.

Indigo is a nice, simple, quiet song. It almost sounds like someone else wrote it. I still like it.

• Wow. I didn't see him until the 1980 tour. Any other memories of the PG2 tour? Isn't that when Fripp played, but offstage?

They definitely would have. I loved the two shows I attended but was sorry to not get anything from this or 4.

You are quite right and my memory deceived me. I thought I saw him before Christmas but is was Feb 1980. Mixing it up with Hackett, which was Oct 79. So, the same tour you saw, did he sit on the edge of the stage and dangle his legs to do Mother of Violence when you saw him? Very powerful. Peter shuffled onto the stage in his jeans and jumper to announce Random Hold with the words ‘hello I’m Peter and I work here…’

Great days, Hackett was my first gig, then Gabriel and then Genesis in April 1980.

• On the air

White shadow

Indigo

Scratch used to be my favorite album for a while, but as time went by it lost a lot of its appeal. I would now consider this his weakest work so far. Nevertheless, a few great tracks are on it, such as the three I have chosen.

... there's a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in

• Home Sweet Home has always been a favorite of mine, then White Shadow and Mother Of Violence.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• D.I.Y.

A wonderful day ...

Indigo

Other tracks I like: On the air, Home sweet home, White shadow

The rest is ... well, not for me!

... make tomorrow today!