Another interesting reaction to Genesis music

• I didn't realize these reaction videos were such a big thing, but I guess since the kids reacting to In The Air Tonight it makes sense. Anyway, I stumbled on these two reactions that I found surprisingly touching. Especially the second one, watch her reaction toward the end of Steve Hackett's solo!

A couple reacting to Carpet Crawlers

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A young woman reacting to Firth of Fifth

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

The first one is cool, except they’re talking all over the song man! Just let the song play through and then speak!

• I expect one day, there will be reaction videos to reaction videos. After they've got through doing Shakespeare plays. ;)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• The first one is cool, except they’re talking all over the song man! Just let the song play through and then speak!

That's a bit unfair, they don't say anything during the song and yeah they stop it midway to discuss it but their warmth and enthusiasm easily overcomes any irritation at that. I actually did feel it brought a different perspective to a song I've known inside out for decades and love, and as thewatcher said it's quite touching.

I wondered if they'd react to the wonderful drop-down to "The crawlers cover the floor" as it's a favourite moment in the song and in music generally, and they do exchange a look then which is really nice.

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

That's a bit unfair, they don't say anything during the song and yeah they stop it midway to discuss it but their warmth and enthusiasm easily overcomes any irritation at that. I actually did feel it brought a different perspective to a song I've known inside out for decades and love, and as thewatcher said it's quite touching.

I wondered if they'd react to the wonderful drop-down to "The crawlers cover the floor" as it's a favourite moment in the song and in music generally, and they do exchange a look then which is really nice.

you’re probably right, just me being picky. It is cool that they do this, pretty special to see a first time listen.

• There's also a goofy reaction video by this christian couple of Supper's Ready, where they get all uncomfortable about the 666 bit. The song's title or the last part seem to give the woman no inclination what the song is about, but as soon as someone utters 666 it's... "oh no, this is not song about the Devil, is it?"

• There's also a goofy reaction video by this christian couple of Supper's Ready, where they get all uncomfortable about the 666 bit. The song's title or the last part seem to give the woman no inclination what the song is about, but as soon as someone utters 666 it's... "oh no, this is not song about the Devil, is it?"

I’m not sure if this is the one you’re referring too. In this one the husband digs the entire song and totally gets the references to Revelation while the wife spends large parts of the video with a “WTF?” look on her face.

I have a friend who is very religious, and took back Steve Hackett's "Voyage of the Acolyte" when he realised it was based on Tarot cards! :rolleyes:

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I've really got into these reaction vids. This woman does not look remotely like a stereotypical Genesis fan but she's done a few of theirs and I like her . This is a great reaction. These videos give me hope the younger generation will pick up on Genesis without the prejudicial baggage they carry and keep their music going.

• Unbelievalble that people take these fake videos for real.

Well maybe. But shouldnt be dismissed just because she's putting on a show. I looked at a few of her vids , she seems to have tendancy to cry at all the songs! Real or not it doesn't matter it's a nice reaction. I'm 59 have long hair going grey and no one would be surprised that I like Genesis . Genesis have a terrible " uncool" reputation. It's really good that younger people are promoting Genesis , a band that many now will know nothing whatsoever about. Anyone under 28 were not born at the time of WCD. Also who knows ? The first hearing of Genesis greats is a stunning experience. There is nothing quite like it.

• Official Post

This is a really cool one.

• External Content youtu.be

This is a really cool one.

I actually subscribe to the Daily Doug!