Tony Banks solo work?

• I was wondering if any one here could recommend what album to start with from

Tony Banks solo work. I have solo work from Gabriel and Collins. Thank you in advance.

Also where should I start with Steve H.?

A long time Genesis fan.

• For Tony I recommend starting with his first album, A Curious Feeling. It’s my personal favorite and is considered by a number of folks to be his best solo effort. It fits quite nicely in with ATTWT and Duke era material that was written by Banks. I also like his second album, The Fugitive (partially because Tony handles the lead vocals himself), but I recognize that album tends to get more of a mixed response from fans.

• What a fantastic feeling knowing you are going to go through all of those albums from Hackett and Banks. Possibly 100 hours of music.

Tony Banks: Simply Inc cd. Especially Island of Darkness.

Steve Hackett: I love 'Live Rails' 2CD at the moment. I play it every weekend. But my one studio album is 'Please Don't Touch'.

• As for Steve, you can't do much wrong with Voyage of the Acolyte and Spectral Mornings. Beyond the Shrouded Horizons sums up what he has been about the last twenty years or so.

• Welcome and enjoy whatever you listen to. I’d say A curious feeling, feels like a darker track from Wind and Wuthering extended over a concept album. Steve’s first three are all superb. Voyage like a lost Genesis album a little like Selling England but definitely Steve. Please Don’t Touch is a wonderful and very varied album. Spectral Mornings is probably his best all round album and his favourite j think of his early ones. I’d also strongly recommend Ant Phillips’ first The Geese and the Ghost, very pastoral with lots written and performed with Mike Rutherford and Phil on vocals for a couple. Have a great time!

• Banks - Still

Hackett - Please Don`t Touch

nice albums for beginners which might wetten your appetite for more….

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• Thank you to all for such great advice. Be safe. I will let you know what I get first.

What I have now of the others is Phil's Greatest's. The 2 CD version. I saw Phil live at Maple Leaf Gardens , Toronto in 1982 on the Hello , I Must Be Going Tour.

I have mostly P.G. solo albums remastered [2010] from CAR to SO and Peter Plays Live. The recently released remastered 2 CD version. I saw Peter live in 1980 , 1982 , 1986 and at the Concert For Human Rights , 1988.

I believe that if you count individual and group musicianship and song writing of all of the GENESIS' members they are the greatest rock / pop / prog. band ever.

• With Tony, A Curious Feeling is the obvious choice. Especially if you're into the 70s Genesis. On the other hand, if you prefer the 80s, then Fugitive.

Steve's got a vast and varied discography ranging from prog rock to classical music with several high points and some low points as well. Spectral Mornings and Voyage of the Acolyte are easy access points, but personally I would also suggest Guitar Noir and To Watch The Storms. Especially Sierra Quemada (from GN) is one track that for me sealed the deal that I gotta investigate this guy's solo work.

• Excellent choice.

All of his rock (or non-orchestral) albums in one shot.

• I hope you enjoy Banks Vaults as much as I have. I didn't immediately click with Tony's solo albums but now I love them all. I'm listening to Bankstatement as I write this.

• Official Post

Banks Vaults is a nice Package

we also have reviews about all banks albums on our website, see here.

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…anks-Reviews-CDs-c88.html

also, you might find our latest interview with Tony interesting, which was about the Vaults set.

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…past-and-future-s736.html

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• From Tony Banks albums I would start from Strictly Inc. for these reasons:

- There is only one singer Jack Hues, and his voice is similar to that of Tony Banks.

- There are catchy and romantic songs, but also long 90s Genesis style.

- Good musicians like Daryl Stuermer and Nathan East! 8)

• That's interesting. I don't think I've ever heard it but apart from ACF which I really dislike I've often thought the bits of his subsequent work I've heard had touches of promise. I've never much liked the multiple-singers approach so what you said is encouraging. I think others here have been positive about Strictly Inc too.

Abandon all reason

• That's interesting. I don't think I've ever heard it but apart from ACF which I really dislike I've often thought the bits of his subsequent work I've heard had touches of promise. I've never much liked the multiple-singers approach so what you said is encouraging. I think others here have been positive about Strictly Inc too.

It's the only one I've given regular play to other than the Fugitive (which also has one singer). Have not heard it in a very long time now but may give it a whirl again. I remember there's a very long track with good work by Daryl. Overall prefer The Fugitive but Strictly Inc had a couple good songs and a cohesive sound.

• It's the only one I've given regular play to other than the Fugitive (which also has one singer). Have not heard it in a very long time now but may give it a whirl again. I remember there's a very long track with good work by Daryl. Overall prefer The Fugitive but Strictly Inc had a couple good songs and a cohesive sound.

Fugitive is the only TB album other than ACF I've ever listened to all of. Oh no hang on, Still as well but I have very little memory of it, also Bankstatement, ditto. I'll give SI a listen.

Abandon all reason