Wind and Wuthering: the double album?

• I read an article earlier today where Steve goes into a little more detail about his departure. It's an extract from a new book that comes out next week which I'm excited to read.

The article gave me an idea: what if Phil, Mike and Tony had been a bit more receptive of Steve's ideas? I think there would've been a lot more material for a double album like this. I know this wouldn't have happened so soon after the Lamb double but it's fascinating to ponder...

Disc 1: side A

Eleventh Earl of Mar

Land of a Thousand Autumns

Please Don't Touch

The Voice of Necam

Disc 1: side B

One for the Vine

How Can I?

Hoping Love Will Last

Inside and Out

Disc 2: side A

All in a Mouse's Night

Kim

Blood on the Rooftops

Your Own Special Way

Disc 2: side B

Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers

In That Quiet Earth

Afterglow

I think this is a good balance of W&W and PDT tracks and I would love to hear How Can I? and Hoping Love will Last with Phil on vocals.

Match of the Day and Pigeons would be B sides to the singles so no need for Spot the Pigeon.

• I would put wot gorilla back in after one for the vine and blood on the rooftops on disc two side b since I couldn’t imagine the track without the three that originally followed it. Maybe put match of the day somewhere :)

• Much as I am a Hackett fan first, even I think that list is way too Hackett heavy to be:

a/ A Genesis album

and

b/ Acceptable to the other 3 in any way.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Official Post

Don't think Kim would have been a group track, but Please Don't Touch or Icarus Ascending could have been.

Then again - another double album just shortly after The Lamb? Unlikely.

And that's probably why they didn't do it ;)

You could go as far as saying the inclusion of Spot The Pigeon, 2 Hackett tracks and possibly It's Yourself would make a nice double album.

That would be my choice then:

Eleventh Earl Of Mar

One For The Vine

Please Don't Touch

Match Of The Day

Pigeons

Your Own Special Way

Blood On The Rooftops

It's Yourself

Inside And Out

Wot Gorilla?

All In A Mouses Night

Icarus Ascending

Unquiet Slumber For The Sleepers

In That Quiet Earth

Afterglow

That's 80 minutes ...

• I hadn't thought of Icarus Ascending and It's Yourself is a good shout although it's very much locked into the Trick album, sound and mood-wise.

I think Kim could've worked in a similar way to Horizons.

If I removed The Voice of Necam and How Can I and replace it with Wot Gorilla I think mine could work (ish).

• Official Post

I hadn't thought of Icarus Ascending and It's Yourself is a good shout although it's very much locked into the Trick album, sound and mood-wise.

I think Kim could've worked in a similar way to Horizons.

If I removed The Voice of Necam and How Can I and replace it with Wot Gorilla I think mine could work (ish).

How can I, should stay, IMO.

• Your Own Special Way

Blood On The Rooftops

It's Yourself

Inside And Out

The whole idea is pretty bad in my view but hey what else is a forum for but to indulge in a bit of fantasising, eh? However, the above sequence in your suggestion would be best avoided - way too acoustic-guitar-centric through to part 2 of I&O. Those tracks would be better dispersed away from each other.

Abandon all reason