Is there something wrong with SUPPERS READY?

• Listening to it closely it sounds more like "He is hu-ahhhh" so now I'm not sure! I always heard it as human and thought Phil had made a mistake.

I've always heard it as 'He is you' . Just had another listen to Seconds Out version .... he does seem to linger on the word which makes it sound a little different.

• Listening to it closely it sounds more like "He is hu-ahhhh" so now I'm not sure! I always heard it as human and thought Phil had made a mistake.

I always assumed on SO he's just generally vocalising as he often does. He probably felt the very sparse nature of the song at that moment needed a little extra bit of colour. Alternatively, he occasionally did his own tweaks to lyrics when singing live - eg "and all the children cried" in Duchess, the "dressed to kill" (?) line in In The Cage he consistently sang, etc.

PG clearly sings "you" on the album. Going back to how the lyrics are printed, I occasionally idly wondered why that phrase is in brackets.

Abandon all reason

• Yeah.. I guess. Seems like a bit of a stretch but could be the intention. I suppose it is meant to refer to the song fading out, but it still seems odd to me. It doesn't fade out on a repeated vocal refrain, so not sure why it's signposted in the lyrics.

I'd go with @Liquid Len's take on it, partly as it sounds feasible while yeah maybe being a bit of a reach, partly as I can't feel arsed enough to think any further about it! Although one other possibility occurs, which is that it was intended as a joke in context of "if you think this is the end of this 20+ minute song, think again! PTO..."

Anyone familiar with the satirical magazine Private Eye will know what I mean when I say it's intended in a similar way to their "(continued page 94)"

Abandon all reason

• From a musical point of view it is certainly a mistake because as confirmed by Tony Banks, the final part is a reprise of Lovers Leap.

From a lyrics point of view, it might be correct because ASAEIE describes the coming of the new Christ "This is the supper of the mighty one".

At least I think so...?(

• Musically and lyrically the section "And it's hey babe..." is a link into the final section. As noted, it is a reprise of Lover's Leap. So it could have been titled as it's own section, perhaps as "Lover's Leap (reprise)". But I can understand not wanting to title such a short snippet, so adding that bit to the end of Apocalypse is the simplest solution.

Perhaps I am stating the obvious, but ASAEIE is also a reprise, this time of Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man. And that dit-dit-dit-diiit part is Mike high up on the 12 string if I'm not mistaken.

• There's something wrong with the remix, at least the 5.1 mix (not listened to the stereo remix more than once years ago, as it's pure Loudness Wars). Anyone else noticed the line "It's been a long, long time... hasn't it" has been edited so that the words "hasn't it" are a couple of beats later than the original?

• There's something wrong with the remix, at least the 5.1 mix (not listened to the stereo remix more than once years ago, as it's pure Loudness Wars). Anyone else noticed the line "It's been a long, long time... hasn't it" has been edited so that the words "hasn't it" are a couple of beats later than the original?

Yes, I noticed it and raised it in another thread somewhere else on the board. Seems an odd thing to alter. The end fade also gets an extension, which makes it a bit smoother plus there are dramatic snare triplets we didn't have on the original.

Abandon all reason