My new job. On the farm!

• I have a new job. Actually on a farm!

Why I chose my nickname for this site would of course be obvious to a Genesis fan , I have never been an actual farmer . I have always worked with learning disabled people. I live in the Midlands UK and friends and family ( my in laws) have always taken the mick at my slightly west country accent saying I should go work on a farm! So now I have a job at day service supporting learning disabled people at a farm type environment. Working with autistic and sometimes challenging people is something I am used to, planting and animal care however is something I have never done . I will need to learn . I literally am now a farmer who knows not when to sow.

• Well, good luck with it, and ain't life strange, in this case, you seem to have reaped what you sowed.

Myself, I have fed foxes, a couple of times! :)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I have a new job. Actually on a farm!

Why I chose my nickname for this site would of course be obvious to a Genesis fan , I have never been an actual farmer . I have always worked with learning disabled people. I live in the Midlands UK and friends and family ( my in laws) have always taken the mick at my slightly west country accent saying I should go work on a farm! So now I have a job at day service supporting learning disabled people at a farm type environment. Working with autistic and sometimes challenging people is something I am used to, planting and animal care however is something I have never done . I will need to learn . I literally am now a farmer who knows not when to sow.

Congrats! I had a job back in the mid-80s working with severely developmentally disabled adults. It was at once extremely challenging and deeply rewarding. Hope it goes well for you.