Your next gig

• The Charlatans, tonight at Aberdeen Music Hall. Just waiting for the train from Inverness, building a 2-day trip around the gig.

Over about 20 years I've been trying to see them but there's always been something preventing me - I'd be already booked into something else or it coincided with my being away. I was scheduled to see this Aberdeen show last December but it got postponed due to the inevitable covid. Of course.

When I got news we were about to complete on the sale of our London flat I thought, this is going to clash with the gig isn't it! But luckily the sale completes next week. Phew!

That said I'm still not going to believe I'm finally seeing them until they actually walk out on stage and start playing...

Abandon all reason

• I've extended my Glasgow trip so that, along with seeing Bob Mould at Oran Mor as originally planned, I'm now also seeing Sharon Van Etten the previous night at the iconic Barrowlands. My first visit to either venue.

Heading down tomorrow, back up on Friday. There'll be much strolling, looking, eating and drinking involved too.

Abandon all reason

• I realized that I forgot to update upcoming shows recently. ^^

Over the past 10 days, I have seen The Musical Box, Kraftwerk 3D (which was truly excellent), and, just last night, Tears For Fears. They are now off to the UK for their tour there after tonight.

If you are a fan of the band (TFF, that is), do yourself a favor and see this show - it was outstanding! The new album is a bit mellow, but still very good. Along with the new album, the album that got the 2nd-most songs on the setlist was their debut album, “The Hurting”! This was a bit of a surprise, but a very good one; I like their debut album almost every bit as much as their more-famous “Songs From The Big Chair”. Also, their light show was stunning! So, again, if you’re in the UK and you like them, do yourself a favor and catch a show.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• I realized that I forgot to update upcoming shows recently. ^^

Over the past 10 days, I have seen The Musical Box, Kraftwerk 3D (which was truly excellent), and, just last night, Tears For Fears. They are now off to the UK for their tour there after tonight.

If you are a fan of the band (TFF, that is), do yourself a favor and see this show - it was outstanding! The new album is a bit mellow, but still very good. Along with the new album, the album that got the 2nd-most songs on the setlist was their debut album, “The Hurting”! This was a bit of a surprise, but a very good one; I like their debut album almost every bit as much as their more-famous “Songs From The Big Chair”. Also, their light show was stunning! So, again, if you’re in the UK and you like them, do yourself a favor and catch a show.

My favorite TFF album is the Seeds of Love. It’s one of those rare albums that doesn’t have a single song I feel the need to skip over to the next song.

• My favorite TFF album is the Seeds of Love. It’s one of those rare albums that doesn’t have a single song I feel the need to skip over to the next song.

Different strokes for different folks…I certainly like that album; however, of their first three albums, it’s easily my least favorite. The production on it is a bit too slick for my liking. They played 3 songs from it in concert (in fact, the first 3 songs on the album are the ones they played).

I expected more from that album, but, as I already mentioned, I was very pleasantly surprised that their debut album got such prominent presence in the setlist.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...