Your next gig

• Bryan Ferry has announced an Australian tour & I will hopefully see him on March 1 in Sydney. It will be a first. We are also seeing Joe Satriani, Bill Bailey, Eddie Izzard & Tim Minchin (these are all my husband's heroes). This is after Steven Wilson on November 9. Then there is some minor event in January.. can't remember who it is.. :/

• How was NIN?

NIN was awesome! 8)

Here's what they played:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist…new-york-ny-6396a693.html

The Jesus and Mary Chain opened for them - they were great too! Here's what they played:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist…new-york-ny-5b96a3ec.html

I'm just happy that NIN are still recording and performing - I hope Trent extends the tour into next year...

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Very good production of “Joseph & the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat” at the local theatre. I had fond memories of doing it at school aeons ago but hadn’t seen it since & was amazed at how much of it I could remember word for word. Probably my favourite musical: it’s lyrically, musically & visually witty, has lots of good tunes & feels all too short, leaving you wanting more.

• Very good production of “Joseph & the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat” at the local theatre. I had fond memories of doing it at school aeons ago but hadn’t seen it since & was amazed at how much of it I could remember word for word. Probably my favourite musical: it’s lyrically, musically & visually witty, has lots of good tunes & feels all too short, leaving you wanting more.

Good to hear but you missed the chance to give the Theatre thread a bump! Don't worry I'm just being precious about it because I started it. ;)

Abandon all reason

• That's a name from the past. Hope you enjoy it

Boy George & co were okay but a bit ragged in places especially the T-Rex cover. Having too many extra musicians & backing vocalists didn't help.

We enjoyed the first support act more: Tom Bailey from the Thompson Twins doing mainly Thompson twins hits.

• We saw guitar hero Joe Satriani last night with what was basically the Mike Keneally band. Keneally is one of hubby's heroes, going all the way back to having seen him with Frank Zappa. He plays guitar & keyboards, often at the same time. Satriani is a technical wizard although I find some of his material a bit cold & clinical. A surprise was a cover of Santo & Johnny's Sleep Walk (which I now find he has in fact recorded). We also got most of the new album What Happens Next, one of hubby's favourites Ceremony, and a stunning Surfing With The Alien. I am no expert on Satriani but he delivers.

• Tonight was Unforgettable Fire, a U2 tribute band - they were outstanding as usual. 8)

Next one is next month - Peter Murphy and David J from Bauhaus are doing a 40th anniversary of Bauhaus tour. Their stop in Philly is on the 12th - I can't wait! :thumbup:

• Official Post

Next gig will probably be Mike + The Mechanics here in Dresden - and then Steve Hackett in Leipzig.

• My next show is the one I put two posts ago, but now I have one in May.

The Who in MSG, NYC in May! 8) Very possibly their last tour. Rumor has it that it is symphonic as well.

Should be fun!

• I will be seeing James Reyne who was singer/guitarist with a band called Australian Crawl, in July. Fleetwood Mac with Neil Finn & Mike Campbell will be here in August & I expect I will go to that.

• Oh, wow - that's a good band! Do they have a collective name or are they touring under their own names?

Yeah, the name, Keaggy, Levin & Marotta, is a little uninspiring. But the album has a cool name: The Bucket List. It's a genre bending formation to say the least which lends to the excitement I have for this show. Here's a song off the album. It's pretty good.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.