Your next gig

• Back home from an absolute barnstormer. The setlist was ALL killer, no filler https://www.setlist.fm/setlist…don-england-7b957a44.html. I am fortunate to have seen Prince 3 times, but never with the Revolution. Last night was a cathartic experience for people who really love his music, standouts for me Erotic City, a new? arrangement of 17 days and Sometimes it Snows in April. Yes, they played that song, the guitar solo?

Wendy.

Nailed.

It.

• Back home from an absolute barnstormer. The setlist was ALL killer, no filler https://www.setlist.fm/setlist…don-england-7b957a44.html. I am fortunate to have seen Prince 3 times, but never with the Revolution. Last night was a cathartic experience for people who really love his music, standouts for me Erotic City, a new? arrangement of 17 days and Sometimes it Snows in April. Yes, they played that song, the guitar solo?

Wendy.

Nailed.

It.

So, it sounds like you recommend this show.^^ I have toyed with going to this locally; maybe I’ll go this time.

For me, next show tomorrow night:

Interpol at MSG, NYC 😎 I’ve been looking forward to this show since last August (when I bought the ticket). I saw the first show of the tour back then in Philly, and the show tomorrow ends this North American leg of the tour. BUT, they are still going after a little break. They even found time to record a new song which they are playing live now. A good night out to be sure.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Well, for the 3rd time in my life I’m going to see my favourite band live for the first time! ^^

(Just to clarify, in 1980 the band was Rockpile, in 2008 it was Franz Ferdinand ...)

... and on Thursday it’s the Lemon Twigs at the Ritz in Manchester :D

• The show was excellent (IMO). Never seen Steve Winwood before and only vaguely aware of his catalogue but I thoroughly enjoyed him and his bands 45 min career spanning set - Spencer Davis Group/Traffic/Blind Faith/Solo. As for the Dan they can do no wrong for me, I will love their music till I shuffle off this mortal coil, Donald Fagen is always a must see for me. Setlist.com has the tunes.

• It was The Musical Box tonight (technically, last night) - review on the appropriate thread.

Next for me is a double-dip of Nick Mason’s “A Saucerful Of Secrets” on the 18th and 20th of April.

I can’t wait for these shows - I thought it was such a good idea for Nick to highlight the pre-DSOTM Pink Floyd. Now, I have two shows to look forward to. 8)

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Official Post

Hey, I just got introduced to Snarky Puppy!

What a great band - enjoy it.

My next gig will be Mike + The Mechanics - 11th September

• Try to see the Pups live if you can - got my ticket for this November in Manchester (The Apollo), they've grown their following since I first saw them in 2012 in a club (Manchester's Band on the Wall) for around 300 people.

• Then down to the smoke for Todd Rundgren (Saturday night) at Hammersmith Apollo.

Was he worth the trip? It seems surprising he only played 1 gig in the UK rather than doing a few cities, but then he’s probably one of those big American names who’s not particularly well known over here.

• Worth the trip? Absolutely! I love Todd's music, (I don't want to come across as sounding trite) as I do for all the bands I go to see (including tribute bands). A lot of my favourite artists are knocking on now (Todd is 70, I'm just over a year shy of 60) and each time they tour might be their last so I try and make the effort. Todd played a 28 song show (2 sets) - a real mix of songs from the early/mid part of his career, great band - Bobby Strickland, Jesse Gress, Kasim Sulton, Prairie Prince & Greg Hawkes (the cars), some stories, some jokes and (imo) a great perfomance. The last couple of times that I have seen him have been at the Ritz in Manchester, I think he had backing behind this one as it is combined with his autobiography. But at the end of the day I enjoyed it and I'm happy with that!