Your next gig

• The Who in Madison Square Garden Monday night (May 13) for most probably their last appearance there ever.

A bittersweet occasion, but I'm glad I'll be seeing it. :thumbup:

...and the show was AMAZING!

If you can catch one, you owe it to yourself to go. It was that good.

...and I am listening to my own advice and am now seeing them tomorrow (Sat., May 25) in Philadelphia. 8)

If it is their last tour, I want to see them one more time in Philly. So, I'm going.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Juliana Hatfield, London Islington Assembly Hall.

It was in fact Islington Academy. I did actually go to the right venue on the night! Very enjoyable eardrum-shredding gig. Support act She Makes War were very good too, I'll be checking them out.

As things stand my next gigs are: The Orb at Inverness Ironworks, then 2 x King Crimson, London Royal Albert Hall next month as part of their 50th anniversary tour.

Then in July, Doves at Somerset House, touring for the first time in 8 years.

Abandon all reason

Edited 2 times, last by Backdrifter ().

• ...and I am listening to my own advice and am now seeing them tomorrow (Sat., May 25) in Philadelphia. 8)

If it is their last tour, I want to see them one more time in Philly. So, I'm going.

...and that turned out to be a great decision! 8) The show was awesome yet again!

Now, in keeping with the thread title, my next show is Stone Temple Pilots on Wednesday.

• Let us know how it was. I hope to see her sometime here in Scotland.

Imogen Heap was fabulous. She uses the gloves (allowing hand motions to trigger and manage all kinds of music) on everything, sometimes performing solo and sometimes with her band (Guy Sigworth from Frou Frou, a drummer, guitarist, a cellist, and another keyboardist). She was in great voice and played everything from new songs back to her days with Frou Frou. She did Hide and Seek more in the style of the version from The Cursed Child (just her and gloves). She was also very funny and disarming with the audience, taking questions from them at various points.

I was lucky enough to meet her afterwards and chat a bit. Very warm and thoughtful in person.

Definitely catch her if she comes to your neck of the woods.

• ...and now it's Robby Krieger in Philly on Thursday! 8)

...and tonight's show was simply awesome!

The vocalist who had to tackle Jim Morrison's parts tonight was Paul Rothschild's son - if the name sounds familiar, Paul Rothschild was the producer for The Doors' first five albums. That was kind of cool! (He also did a great job on the vocals.)

The rest of Robby's band was stunningly good too. (It goes without saying that Robby was awesome - he was indeed, yet again.) I'd see him every time he came by with his band. 8)

• 40 years since I saw a Steve Hillage Band gig....but last Friday at Manchester Ritz was fabulous. So much so that I'm getting a ticket for the Steve Hillage Band in Liverpool, November.

I've never seen him, but like a fair bit of his stuff and find his career trajectory interesting. I'm definitely considering one of the Nov gigs. Good to hear it was impressive.

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

That will be Phil Collins in Prague then

I have chosen an indoor show in favor of Berlin. Well, didn’t expect Mike to show up during Phil’s set and also I have seen the mechanics in April

• ...and I just came back from seeing The Musical Box again (see appropriate thread).

So, now my next show is Howard Jones on Sunday. 8)

...and Howard Jones was phenomenal! I hope he keeps touring a bit longer - his new album is fantastic and the old songs sound even better with the advance of technology over the decades.

So, now my next show is Yes! 8) Rumor has it that they are even dusting off “The Gates Of Delirium” for this tour! :huh:

• my next show is Yes! 8) Rumor has it that they are even dusting off “The Gates Of Delirium” for this tour! :huh:

I'd be a bit hacked off if I were seeing them and heard that rumour. It has good bits, I really like Soon and the segment just before it, but other than those there's an awful lot of longwinded noodling (then again, it's Yes). I can't bear the original but the Yessongs version is much better. But each to their own and if it's one you're especially looking forward to I hope you get it!

Abandon all reason

• I'd be a bit hacked off if I were seeing them and heard that rumour. It has good bits, I really like Soon and the segment just before it, but other than those there's an awful lot of longwinded noodling (then again, it's Yes). I can't bear the original but the Yessongs version is much better. But each to their own and if it's one you're especially looking forward to I hope you get it!

Well, they played it and it was fantastic! Both the song selection and the playing tonight were phenomenal. I can understand not liking studio GoD, but live (as you heard in YesSongs) it is a different creature - it was mind-blowing tonight.

Need to sleep now...