Your next gig

• ...and now my next show is the excellent The Genesis Show at the Keswick Theater in suburban Philly. They are doing the Abacab tour setlist for the first time in this tour. I saw it in April and I'm looking forward seeing it again. 8)

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Fleetwood Mac with Neil Finn & Mike Campbell - despite the controversy over the firing of Lindsey Buckingham I took the view that Fleetwood Mac has always been a flexible & fluid unit. This is not like what the 'Eagles' did after the death of their founder & leader Glenn Frey. They seemed re-energised by Neil FInn, who is deeply loved down here. So we got two of his greatest songs, I Got You & Don't Dream It's Over. He accompanied Stevie Nicks on guitar for Landslide, sang Go Your Own Way & Man Of The World, generally dominated. I hadn't seen them with Chirstine McVie before & enjoyed seeing her, although her songs aren't particular favourites of mine. I recommend seeing them in this incarnation.

• Currently I have to wait until November, Steve Hillage at SWG3 Warehouse, Glasgow. He's touring a show of material from his 70s solo albums and is supported by the latest incarnation of Gong. I'll also be interested in the venue which is a new one for me.

Abandon all reason

• We will be seeing the great Randy Newman next February, our second time seeing him (as you all know Peter did a beautiful version of his song from Babe, That'll Do). I am more of a fan of his own albums rather than his soundtracks.

• We will be seeing the great Randy Newman next February, our second time seeing him (as you all know Peter did a beautiful version of his song from Babe, That'll Do). I am more of a fan of his own albums rather than his soundtracks

His 1972 album, Sail Away is one of Randy's best, IMHO. Known to have inspired Brian Wilson during his bouts of depression. Gotta thank my friend's older brother for playing this when I was about 14 years old. True classics; both the album and Randy 8)

• ...and now my next show is Friday in Ithaca, NY. Steve Hackett and his band will be providing the music; I have the fate of enjoying it from the front row with a meet-and-greet beforehand.

Not every Friday the 13th is unlucky. 😎🎸

• How was it? I saw some TV coverage of his Belladrum Festival set and thought the Electronic stuff sounded good.

Johnny Marr was good, & his son Nile who fronted the support band & joined his dad for the encore wasn't bad either. Johnny did quite a lot of his solo work but the set & of course the encores were peppered with Smiths songs. He's got a lot in common with Steve Hackett: both guitar legends for decades, but despite prolific careers they know most fans really want to hear the songs from the bands they left in their 20s.

(Plus I'm seeing them both this year, Steve in November).

• My next show is tomorrow at the wonderful Keswick Theater in Glenside, PA (suburban Philly), and it is Steve Hackett. 8)

He's playing his first show there tonight, and I'm catching the second.

Looking forward to seeing his great show again!

• My next show is tomorrow at the wonderful Keswick Theater in Glenside, PA (suburban Philly), and it is Steve Hackett. 8)

He's playing his first show there tonight, and I'm catching the second.

Looking forward to seeing his great show again!

...and now my next show is...Steve Hackett! Pittsburgh area this time; I'm doing the meet-and-greet again too. If I'm driving that far, I'm making it worth my while! 8)

• Official Post

quite odd, but there are no big plans right now.

Will see Chandelier in March, probably both shows (since I co-organize, see here)

... and then Steve with Orchestra in Wuppertal in April.

Nevertheless I am sure something comes up this fall