GENESIS - "The Last Domino?" on 2CD and 4LP-set

• (moved from setlists thread)

https://store.genesis-music.co…-hits-2cd?cp=84226_110060

The track listing is totally different on their official store

Well spotted. How odd! This one's almost the same tracks in a different order but minus Duke’s End (TIOA as track 1) and now including a "new stereo mix" of Musical Box as the final track. A couple of other switches as well I think. How on earth has this conflicting information happened? Could they be UK/European and US versions or something? Misunderstanding has been added which was a much bigger hit in the US. Los Endos is now on there too.

Or it's possibly just a glaring error.

Abandon all reason

Edited 2 times, last by Backdrifter ().

• foxtwin needs to possibly redo the spreadsheet now we have an alternative version of the compilation announced on the official site - see Setlist thread.

you mean the track listing in the US shop?

Compact Disc 1

01 Turn It on Again (2007 Remaster)

02 Land of Confusion (2007 Remaster)

03 Home by the Sea (2007 Remaster)

04 That's All (2007 Remaster)

05 Throwing It All Away (2007 Remaster)

06 Follow You Follow Me (2007 Remaster)

07 No Son of Mine (2007 Remaster)

08 Hold on My Heart (2007 Remaster)

09 I Can't Dance (2007 Remaster)

10 Invisible Touch (2007 Remaster)

11 Afterglow (2007 Remaster)

12 Duchess (2007 Remaster)

13 Misunderstanding (2007 Remaster)

14 Jesus He Knows Me (2007 Remaster)

15 In Too Deep (2007 Remaster)

16 Domino (Pt. 1 & 2) [2007 Remaster]

Compact Disc 2

01 Mama (2007 Remaster)

02 The Carpet Crawlers (2007 Stereo Mix)

03 Tonight, Tonight, Tonight (2007 Remaster)

04 Firth of Fifth (New Stereo Mix)

05 Abacab (Edit)

06 Los Endos (2007 Remaster)

07 Fading Lights (2007 Remaster)

08 The Cinema Show (New Stereo Mix)

09 Dancing with the Moonlit Knight (New Stereo Mix)

10 The Musical Box (New Stereo Mix)

• Yes, see above.

Abandon all reason

• Someone on reddit thinks the track list is the set list, although he posted what appears to be the incorrect track list. It's not an exciting release for me, obviously a tour promo, but I do think there are some hints. "Fading Lights" being on there to me is confirmation it would likely be played.

• Both track lists look completely like live set lists and nothing like compilation track lists for studio recordings. If they really put this out with studio versions picked from the albums it will be an odd compilation. Interesting but odd.

• Both track lists look completely like live set lists and nothing like compilation track lists for studio recordings. If they really put this out with studio versions picked from the albums it will be an odd compilation. Interesting but odd.

Eh? They don't look like live setlists to me, what is it about those tracklists that makes you think that? The one on the Genesis site specifies what version each track is - 07 Remaster, etc.

Abandon all reason

• crap! I didn't save the spreadsheet because I didn't know there would be an alternative version! Is there really going to be *two* versions of this release??!? We need some actual PR here!

• Think its a way of saying that the live show songs are likely to come from this list..although maybe not in the same idea...probably the ones that have been rehearsed and sets may change for UK and US shows

• crap! I didn't save the spreadsheet because I didn't know there would be an alternative version! Is there really going to be *two* versions of this release??!? We need some actual PR here!

They have had different setlists in Europe and the US on prior tours if I recall correctly. Would they go as far as releasing different compilations in different territories to reflect the intended setlists?! It's all a bit bizarre.

• Well, the "sex mix" version of this track listing is slightly weird - both of them go *over* the allotted time for an 80 minute CD (disc 2 only slightly)

so either this is the wrong list, or this list has more edited versions ??

• Well, the "sex mix" version of this track listing is slightly weird - both of them go *over* the allotted time for an 80 minute CD (disc 2 only slightly)

CD's CAN go over 80 minutes, it has been done, several times, I think the longest one is a Herbert Von Karajan version of a Beethoven symphony, could be wrong about that, but it certainly breached 81 minutes. There are a couple of caveats: It wouldn't be allowed to display the "Compact Disc Digital Audio" logo, and it should be annotated that it may not work on all players (Because it might not!). 80 minutes is the red book spec figure, but a good player can handle a tighter data spiral than spec.

There was a time when the quoted limit was lower, I think it had been 78 minutes at one point in history, and it was certainly 74 minutes in the early days, as CD's were originally mastered off Sony U-matic video tapes, max length, 74 minutes!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• All very confusing. I don’t know what to make of all of this. As an old friend of mine used to say “Cats are sleeping with dogs!” Judging by the release date clearly this particular CD set is linked to the US leg of the tour. But I seriously doubt this compilation reflects the setlist for the tour. I can’t imagine the actual setlist has that many songs. I suppose as others have suggested it’s possible the setlists will differ between UK/Ireland and North America, although, nothing I’ve read or heard in interviews suggests that to be the case. The upside to all of this is that it adds mystery back into the whole issue of what the setlist might be.

My guess is just one of the HBTS (first part I assume) and the single version of TTT.

• My guess is just one of the HBTS (first part I assume) and the single version of TTT.

But the listing on the website is pretty forensic, specifying which remasters etc, Domino (parts 1&2) and Abacab as the edit. So they'd probably say if your guesses were the case.

Abandon all reason

• Some sites (e.g. louder sound) have the track for Domino listed as "Domino medley". I assume that just means it's the full version of Domino, but could possibly mean something else?

On Spotify the full version of Domino on the IT album is called "Domino Medley". It seems a few years back there was someone who did not know what to do with the original song title with two named parts, and thus this annoying new title was created.