GENESIS Dublin shows 2021 postponed

• Official Post

Let’s see what they will do. Move it at the end of the tour or into 2022, together with an announcement for mainland Europe …?

• Ugh. I can see it all getting a bit messy. Especially if there's a risk of them having to cancel shows as the tour goes on, could see it getting expensive and hard to justify.

I also wonder if the band themselves have any reservations at this point. I think Phil in particular would be high risk.

• The band's social media account are a joke. The responsible people do not know what they do. Anyway, all shows will not be possible. Trust me. Travel restrictions would result in a wave of refunds. Sad but true.

No!

• My earlier suggestion to relocate the entire tour to Massachusetts is increasingly looking like a no-brainer. Maybe with a stop in PA, since one of our newly minted moderators lives there. Can someone put me in touch with their management so I can sort this whole mess out 😃?

• Official Post

My earlier suggestion to relocate the entire tour to Massachusetts is increasingly looking like a no-brainer. Maybe with a stop in PA, since one of our newly minted moderators lives there. Can someone put me in touch with their management so I can sort this whole mess out 😃?

Yeah. This is all a shame. Especially since the guys are not getting any younger here. They have the two shows scheduled for Philadelphia at the beginning of December. Things are not getting any better here in the states either. It might turn out that the US leg is the beginning of the tour, followed by the UK dates in 2022. Im just speculating, we will have to wait and see.

• Did you actively initiate the refund online?

And does "went through" mean you already got money back?

Yeah sent off an email yesterday and got the confirmation today that the refund will be put back on my card in the next few days

You can request it through 'need help with this order' button when you click your order

• Official Post

… Still no statement from the band. Or did we miss something?

• … Still no statement from the band. Or did we miss something?

Patience you must have young padawan!

But does this really surprise you? I mean, Genesis' online presence is rather a joke than anything else. So I think you get their "news" via fax machine. Mail or Web is just way too new technology, isn't it.

No!

• Yeah. This is all a shame. Especially since the guys are not getting any younger here. They have the two shows scheduled for Philadelphia at the beginning of December. Things are not getting any better here in the states either. It might turn out that the US leg is the beginning of the tour, followed by the UK dates in 2022. Im just speculating, we will have to wait and see.

Liquid Len, things are really getting ugly in parts of the US with the delta variant. No one has a crystal ball but anything and everything could happen at this point. I suspect the US will be in for a resurgence over the next 6-8 weeks, at least, especially if vaccination rates don't pick up. I hope I'm wrong.

• Liquid Len, things are really getting ugly in parts of the US with the delta variant. No one has a crystal ball but anything and everything could happen at this point. I suspect the US will be in for a resurgence over the next 6-8 weeks, at least, especially if vaccination rates don't pick up. I hope I'm wrong.

It's a peculiar situation. In most countries the vocal minority opposed to vaccines and other public health measures is just that - a minority. But in the US, some states have a majority that vehemently oppose these measures, and have surging cases and hospitalizations, while other states like in New England have vaccination rates comparable to the best in the world. Not sure such a patchwork of philosophy and culture is so manifest anywhere else and will be interesting to see if the surge spills over into well protected areas. As such, there is no real firewall between them, I'm not aware of any restrictions across state lines.

• Official Post

It's a peculiar situation. In most countries the vocal minority opposed to vaccines and other public health measures is just that - a minority. But in the US, some states have a majority that vehemently oppose these measures, and have surging cases and hospitalizations, while other states like in New England have vaccination rates comparable to the best in the world. Not sure such a patchwork of philosophy and culture is so manifest anywhere else and will be interesting to see if the surge spills over into well protected areas. As such, there is no real firewall between them, I'm not aware of any restrictions across state lines.

There is talk in the US in some states of making the vaccine mandatory for healthcare workers. Actually it’s already happening. As the push to end this pandemic strengthens, you may see more private companies creating policy that enforce vaccination. There is no restrictions across state lines that I’m aware of either.