STEVE HACKETT - Two shows at Trading Boundaries 2021

• Official Post

Steve Hackett will return to Trading Boundaries / East Sussex this December for two shows

Details

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…ding-Boundaries-n741.html

tradBound2019-1.jpg

• Never been there but always wanted to go. Not this year I guess but some day … does anyone here have experience with the venue? How does it work? Dinner concert seems to be a bit odd…

• Official Post

We have movie theaters here in the states that do dinner and a movie. They’re called The Movie Tavern. You actually have waiters or waitresses come around and take your food order during the movie. I went once and found it distracting.

I would try this concert and food thing though if i lived where it’s happening.

• We have movie theaters here in the states that do dinner and a movie. Their called The Movie Tavern. You actually have waiters or waitresses come around and take your food order during the movie. I went once and found it distracting.

I would try this concert and food thing though if i lived where it’s happening.

I haven't been to these TBs shows but other 'event dining' deals I know of have the act come on after any food service. Which would especially make sense at an acoustic music performance otherwise a gentle guitar piece would be punctuated by cutlery scraping on plates, chomping slurping sounds, clinking wine glasses, loud whispers of "could you pass the salt/ pepper/butter/bread/ornithula macarounada (etc)" and heated arguments over the drinks bill.

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

We have a review online about the Rocking Horse Music Club plays Anthony Phillips. That should give you an idea

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…2019-gig-review-s768.html

• I just think a dinner and a concert are separate things. But I might be wrong. I read the article about the Phillips tribute thing, looks like it’s worth checking out these kind of shows after all.

I suppose it's a more old-fashioned sort of long-standing tradition in certain types of venues and settings, like members clubs, cabaret and suchlike - you book a table for dinner and there's live entertainment. Not so much regular rock gigs etc, in that sense I agree. But you do sometimes get some crossover in smaller gigs like these.

That said, for my Genesis Glasgow gig I've booked one of those VIP packages that includes a swanky dinner at the venue, but it's before the show.

Abandon all reason