I Played Supper's Ready in Vib-Ribbon

• Hi, everyone. Been a Genesis fan for years now, with my favorite albums being Trespass and A Trick of the Tail.
    I don't know how many gamers there are on this forum, but I figured maybe this would still be worth sharing here.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Recently I've been getting into this old rhythm game for the PlayStation called Vib-Ribbon. Gameplay involves automatically moving down a line with various obstacles placed on it and avoiding the obstacles by pressing the right button combinations in time with the music. You can find more in-depth info about it elsewhere, but the most important thing you need to know about it is that after starting up the game, you can swap out the game disc for any CD you might have in your collection, and the game will automatically generate playable levels from the songs on that CD.

The ability to play whatever songs I could conceivably want was a huge draw for me, and naturally I started to wonder if the game could handle anything like the abnormally long songs the genre of progressive rock has developed a reputation for. Surely enough, it can, and I found myself managing to play through the entirety of Supper's Ready in Vib-Ribbon.

So yeah. Definitely check this game out if you're interested in rhythm games and can get it working. It's probably the closest you'll ever get to a Genesis video game, or a Yes video game, or a Frank Zappa video game, or a video game of whatever other relatively obscure or otherwise uncommercial artist you're into.

• Official Post

Just post the Link without anything else and it usually Will be displayed. I changed it and now it’s visible

welcome to the forum

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!