PHIL COLLINS live in Fukuoka 1995

• Official Post

A nice video from Phil‘s performance at Fukuoka Done Japan, 7th May 1995

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A nice video from Phil‘s performance at Fukuoka Done Japan, 7th May 1995

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Looks a very cool gig. I like the intro, and a brave choice to start with one of his most demanding vocals with I Don't Care Anymore. It's a great version.

Also, it's a nice touch that Phil always tried to say a few words in the local lingo, but it's very funny that they had to subtitle his Japanese!

• Official Post

1994 in Hanover was my first Collins gig. A cool tour!

• Have a boot DVD of that somewhere. It's a shame they never released a full show. The tour was geat, maybe his best.

... make tomorrow today!

• Official Post

My First Collins Show was 27 years ago today in Hanover. Soaking wet I was 😅

I also have the Fukuoka show on dvd. Always wondered if there is a complete recording somewhere …

• @ TGA - There are around 20 Full shows that were recorded professionally. There are 2 European shows to start with, Singapore was another and then the TV Broadcast ones from South Africa etc.... Sheffield Arena was recorded for potential VHS release by Watershed Pictures. One song from Sheffield was broadcast on a BBC Princes Trust show back in Dec 1994. Be interesting to see whether they ever see the light of day.

• I have the broadcasts from Hanover and Earl's Court, both are terrific shows. This was a great tour, though I think I prefer 1982, 1990 and 1997 as far as live Phil goes.

Interestingly, Phil started the tour doing "I Don't Care Anymore" in the same sort of blues shuffle arrangement he did it in for the MTV Unplugged special; this is the version that opens the Hanover broadcast. By the Earl's Court show, which was performed on my fourth birthday, he's reverted back to the original arrangement in a lower key.

• I have the broadcasts from Hanover and Earl's Court, both are terrific shows. This was a great tour, though I think I prefer 1982, 1990 and 1997 as far as live Phil goes.

Interestingly, Phil started the tour doing "I Don't Care Anymore" in the same sort of blues shuffle arrangement he did it in for the MTV Unplugged special; this is the version that opens the Hanover broadcast. By the Earl's Court show, which was performed on my fourth birthday, he's reverted back to the original arrangement in a lower key.

are you sure? I always thought the Unplugged arrangement was only played there and during a couple of shows afterwards (i.e. Hanover)

• Whilst we could not comment on the Fukoka Show. There was a full show recorded in Singapore, this is sat in Phil's archive.

TGA

I recall someone from Phil Collins’s social media/management team publicly stating that there are no recordings from the Both Sides tour. I’m not arguing with u; I suspect you’re right. I just wonder why Phil and Genesis are letting so much archival material collect dust. Steve Hackett has commented that there’s live stuff he would like released but that it’s not up to him