STEVE HACKETT - Seconds Out & More UK Tour 2021 - who's going?

• Official Post

Steve Hackett UK Tour 2021 - Which shows will you see? 18

1. 10/09 Leicester (0) 0%
    2. 11/09 Liverpool (0) 0%
    3. 12/09 Stoke (2) 11%
    4. 14/09 Birmingham (1) 6%
    5. 15/09 Cambridge (0) 0%
    6. 17/09 Cardiff (0) 0%
    7. 18/09 Basingstoke (1) 6%
    8. 20/09 London (1) 6%
    9. 21/09 London (0) 0%
    10. 22/09 London (1) 6%
    11. 24/09 Manchester (1) 6%
    12. 25/09 Edinburgh (0) 0%
    13. 27/09 Glasgow (0) 0%
    14. 30/09 Scunthorpe (1) 6%
    15. 01/10 Bradford (0) 0%
    16. 02/10 Nottingham (0) 0%
    17. 04/10 Croydon (0) 0%
    18. 05/10 Guildford (0) 0%
    19. 07/10 Brighton (0) 0%
    20. 08/10 Poole (0) 0%
    21. 09/10 Bexhill (1) 6%
    22. 11/10 Southampton (2) 11%
    23. 12/10 Plymouth (0) 0%
    24. 14/10 Carlisle (1) 6%
    25. 15/10 Stockton (2) 11%
    26. 16/10 Newcastle (3) 17%
    27. 18/10 Aylesbury (0) 0%
    28. 19/10 Oxford (0) 0%
    29. 21/10 Peterborough (1) 6%
    30. 22/10 Harrogate (0) 0%
    31. 23/10 Dundee (0) 0%
    32. I won't see any of the UK shows (5) 28%

Steve will kick off his UK tour next week - I wonder who's going? Which shows will you attend. Please also share your thoughts after you've seen the show!

All dates:

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…and-ticket-info-s732.html

• Official Post

I’m not going and will wait to see him in Germany in 2022

• Official Post

So, the first show in Leicester took place indeed!

• Official Post

Setlist first night

Clocks

Held in the Shadows

Every Day

The Devil’s Cathedral

Shadow of the Hierophant

Squonk

Carpet Crawlers

Robbery, Assault And Battery

Afterglow

Firth Of Fifth

I Know What I Like

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

The Musical Box

Supper’s Ready

The Cinema Show

Aisle Of Plenty

Dance On.A Volcano

Los Endos

• Official Post

and, by the way, The Musical Box was the full version, not only the end section

• Only two of those songs are new, right? Hmmm.

Par for the course for him now. Do a new album, then play a couple of tracks from it on tour in a show otherwise comprising a Genesis album and a handful of his own old stuff.

It smacks of having no conviction in his own new material but most fans probably don't care. The shows are popular and I don't begrudge him or the fans that but I do think it's a shame in some ways.

Abandon all reason

• and, by the way, The Musical Box was the full version, not only the end section

I'm glad I didn't see your post before I saw him last night, as I really wasn't expecting the full version. It's never been one of my favourite Gabriel era songs, but the version last night was brilliant.

• Mozo having opened your spoiler, I don't think I've ever seen the word "spoiler" used so appropriately. I mean... WHAT?????

Haha, I know. I wish I was joking. It really wasn't what I expected (or wanted). He omitted the middle keyboard section, and his own lovely solo parts. No idea what he was thinking.

If there was a single person watching who thought "the seconds out version is all very well, but THIS is what it should sound like", I'd be very surprised.

• Haha, I know. I wish I was joking. It really wasn't what I expected (or wanted). He omitted the middle keyboard section, and his own lovely solo parts. No idea what he was thinking.

If there was a single person watching who thought "the seconds out version is all very well, but THIS is what it should sound like", I'd be very surprised.

I rarely like that instrument except in a few rare cases. This sounds like a ridiculous idea. I'm reminded of his W&W tour in which Inside & Out, to which I'd been most looking forward, was ruined by a stupid tootling flute solo during the instrumental passage. It was one of a number of things about that show that made me resolve to not bother with any more of his Genesis tours.

Abandon all reason

• I'm glad I didn't see your post before I saw him last night, as I really wasn't expecting the full version. It's never been one of my favourite Gabriel era songs, but the version last night was brilliant.

Was this the same version they did during the last tour (performing Selling England)?

• I rarely like that instrument except in a few rare cases. This sounds like a ridiculous idea. I'm reminded of his W&W tour in which Inside & Out, to which I'd been most looking forward, was ruined by a stupid tootling flute solo during the instrumental passage. It was one of a number of things about that show that made me resolve to not bother with any more of his Genesis tours.

• Ok, the setlist prediction was not really difficult. From his solo stuff, I was hoping to hear different stuff than Every Day or Clocks (which he has played quite regularly), i.e. The Steppes, Icarus Ascending or even something like Cell 151 or Camino Royale.

• Official Post

Looks like the show in MADRID has been cancelled.

• Saw Steve in Birmingham tonight.

A Superb gig. Nad in particular was outstanding- the sound was very good but he seemed to come of age and handled all of the material brilliantly. Steve was on fine form, if I have a quibble it was the lack of interaction with the audience once Seconds Out began. Prior to that he was very chatty and engaged really well and this should have continued. The new material was excellent and the other Hackett stuff was safe but very well played. A great gig and a superb band at the top of their game. The best Firth and the best Musical box I’ve ever heard and supper that was right up there. Well done and thanks to all