ABBA are back!...

• ABBA are back, after several decades due to split ups and other reasons in 1982.

A new digital format never done before will see ABBA performing 10 new tracks for their new album plus older hits from the past in their concert. The audience will see a 360 degrees image on stage, although this has been recorded. This concert has never been done before by any band and will break all boundaries of high tech imagery!...

I am a fan of ABBA and look forward to their new album in November.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

New track by ABBA.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another new track.

• Mr.Farmer is so blown away by the news he hasn't been able to form the necessary words to express his joy. Yet. But he will.

LOL.

I'm a fan. I didn't want them to do this (but I'm the person who waited forever for the Eagles' Long Road Out Of Eden). But now they have done it, it all came back to me. Frida on I Still Have Faith In You & Agnetha doing her storytelling on Don't Shut Me Down. I love it.

My favourite Abba songs are not necessarily the huge pop hits, but the more introspective stuff which was mostly sung by Frida, who is (was) a redhead & shares my birthday. And they could even do prog - I give you the title track of Arrival, and the majestic Eagle. As far as I am concerned, you don't get any better than Knowing Me, Knowing You & Money, Money, Money (both from the Arrival album which also has Dancing Queen, a song for which I can't share the general adulation).

• LOL.

I'm a fan. I didn't want them to do this (but I'm the person who waited forever for the Eagles' Long Road Out Of Eden). But now they have done it, it all came back to me. Frida on I Still Have Faith In You & Agnetha doing her storytelling on Don't Shut Me Down. I love it.

My favourite Abba songs are not necessarily the huge pop hits, but the more introspective stuff which was mostly sung by Frida, who is (was) a redhead & shares my birthday. And they could even do prog - I give you the title track of Arrival, and the majestic Eagle. As far as I am concerned, you don't get any better than Knowing Me, Knowing You & Money, Money, Money (both from the Arrival album which also has Dancing Queen, a song for which I can't share the general adulation).

Frida has a lovely voice and love the way the band has immersed in each other to recreate another album.

This was a great surprise to me.:)

• LOL.

While recognising that they obviously had a great knack with a catchy tune and were hugely popular I never much liked them beyond a handful of songs. They always sounded so shiny and glittery, everything was very shrill and top-end, other than some more introspective ones as you say. It felt like my ear drums were being rubbed with icing sugar.

Re Frida, while every other bloke I knew had the hots for pretty blonde Agnetha I was always smitten by Frida and agree she had the better voice. But then I'm always drawn to the redheads. She looked super-cute at the time of their eurovision win.

What exactly do you think is prog about Eagle and Arrival?

Abandon all reason

• I was probably being too simplistic and I wasn't entirely serious, but Arrival is an instrumental and although it doesn't have complicated instrumental passages it has the atmosphere I associate with prog. Same with Eagle. Just the way the song soars. I suppose if you're going to make a leap like that than you could say any song you like sounds 'prog' but I would only say those are the only two Abba songs I would even vaguely put in this category.

• I was probably being too simplistic and I wasn't entirely serious, but Arrival is an instrumental and although it doesn't have complicated instrumental passages it has the atmosphere I associate with prog. Same with Eagle. Just the way the song soars. I suppose if you're going to make a leap like that than you could say any song you like sounds 'prog' but I would only say those are the only two Abba songs I would even vaguely put in this category.

Ah OK, understood. Arrival is a nice tune, I quite like it.

Abandon all reason

Arrival reminds me of a Mike Oldfield track.

I assumed you were referring to his naff cover version of Arrival.

Abandon all reason

• I don't think Arrival sounds like Portsmouth at all, but anyway...

If I had to name my top 10 Abba songs (I do thiis, I just enjoy it) they are:

Knowing Me, Knowing You

Money, Money, Money

Mamma Mia

Super Trouper

The Winner Takes It All

Eagle

Move On

Summer Night City

The Piper (if an Abba song sounds like Portsmouth, it is actually this track)

SOS

But it's hard to leave out songs like Arrival, The Visitors, Lay All Your Love On Me, Fernando, etc.

• I don't think Arrival sounds like Portsmouth at all, but anyway...

The reason I said that, because both have that Celtic feel about the music with a nice beat. As soon as I heard the ABBA song reminded me of Portsmouth or could of come off the album Tubular Bells II. But definitely has that Mike Oldfield feel about that track. ;)

Just a matter of opinion I guess.

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• For me, their best song is "The Day Before You Came", atmospheric, superb lyrics that tell you everything about her future by focusing on her past, pop songs don't really come any better.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!