24, 25 September | Genesis live in MANCHESTER | reports **SPOILERS**

• Generator problem making show late tonight. It powers the lights, apparently another one will be delivered by 9 and show will then start. However I think we will see a shorter set because I’m guessing there will still be a curfew.

Hope not..Kare Bush show broke down when I went to see her. She did the whole thing. Paid a fine a believe

• Official Post
  • Show was 1hr 15mins late owing to generator failure. But they played the full show finishing around 11:30. The crowd were very appreciative as there was some concern at the beginning.

Band sounded great as you’d expect. PC was on good form and playing the showman. Definitely struggling at times but in a live context fine (Would be different on a live recording I think). The key changes didn’t bother me as much as I thought they would.

The set list was the same as Birmingham as you’d expect but for me it really was very 80s/90s heavy. The few 70s tracks weren’t enough to re-balance it for me. One or two surprises like Dance on a Volcano or One For The Vine would’ve been nice. Especially with the lack of Los Endos.

Would love to have seen some of those 70s shows but we take what we can get. The atmosphere was great.

• Show was 1hr 15mins late owing to generator failure. But they played the full show finishing around 11:30. The crowd were very appreciative as there was some concern at the beginning.

Band sounded great as you’d expect. PC was on good form and playing the showman. Definitely struggling at times but in a live context fine (Would be different on a live recording I think). The key changes didn’t bother me as much as I thought they would.

The set list was the same as Birmingham as you’d expect but for me it really was very 80s/90s heavy. The few 70s tracks weren’t enough to re-balance it for me. One or two surprises like Dance on a Volcano or One For The Vine would’ve been nice. Especially with the lack of Los Endos.

Would love to have seen some of those 70s shows but we take what we can get. The atmosphere was great.

Back 2007 I was taken aback and thrilled that they did Ripples. I must admit I had a slight hope that they would do Entangled. Genesis are what they are. Duchess though was a highlight . What a sound! Great night .

• Phil Collins has cheek. He called us at the back tiny people! Actually it's he AND the band who are the tiny ones. He is miniscule. He has shrunk rapidly in a couple of days. I reckon he's about 7mm . ( 2 eighths of an inch as will be be in UK soon!) . Here's the proof.

• Back 2007 I was taken aback and thrilled that they did Ripples. I must admit I had a slight hope that they would do Entangled. Genesis are what they are. Duchess though was a highlight . What a sound! Great night .

Duchess was great. No Son always sounds amazing too. Perfect blend of prog-pop.

• A little unusual. I was about 14 rows from the front at Birmingham and about 5 rows from the back at Manchester! I enjoyed the shows equally. Loved having the different views. Sound was better at Manchester. Don't know if was the place but I think it was position.Specatular views.

To be fair not a great camera. Looks even further away than it felt.

Lots of technical difficulties yesterday! Generator problems and flat tire on the tour bus. I guess that's what happens with such a large production. Glad they still played the whole set!

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A little unusual. I was about 14 rows from the front at Birmingham and about 5 rows from the back at Manchester! I enjoyed the shows equally. Loved having the different views. Sound was better at Manchester. Don't know if was the place but I think it was position.Specatular views.

To be fair not a great camera. Looks even further away than it felt.

Always good to get a different perspective...did you notice anything different with the performance?...maybe a bit more confidence in Manchester?

• Always good to get a different perspective...did you notice anything different with the performance?...maybe a bit more confidence in Manchester?

Yes . Clearly Phil's voice is nothing to what it was and this tour is about connecting with fans. Although Manchester was only the following.show to the one in Brum , we both said Phil did seem a little more confident.

• Phil singing Tonight Tonight Tonight.

Okay, he has struggled a little as mentioned in the Birmingham thread previously, but last nights performance in Manchester (24th) was by far the worst i've seen so far.

He seems to be getting worse. It will be interesting to see how he was tonight.

Check out here from 7.07 mark

24th Highlights

• Tony struggled also with the quick run before the Slippermen bit...

He got back on track quickly. :)

Well, this tour shows they're human after all.

Yeah, Tony and Mike have both made some mistakes also.

I think it's well documented historically that Tony, Mike and especially Phil don't like rehearsing much.

• Official Post

Did anything special happen yesterday?