30 September, 1 October | Genesis live in NEWCASTLE | reports **SPOILERS**

• Official Post

30th September, 1st October

GENESIS live in Newcastle - Utilita Arena: The Last Domino? Tour

Setlist:

Feel free to post photos and reports here.

• Just getting into bed at 5 am having driven back to Lancashire from Newcastle and dropping off some folk en route so too tired to write much. But a superb gig and a wonderful way to remember them. Daryl and Nic were astounding. Mike looked to be having fun, Tony was Tony and played superbly. Phil was great. Almost from the off he was in good voice and mostly sang in a strong, clear voice and hit some tricky notes well.

The backing singers added just enough and I think I’d have liked even more harmonies, they really worked well on Afterglow. Phil, muddled up a few words, most notably on TTT and a bit on Domino I think. But I had expected to come away having made all sorts of allowances for him but he held his own amongst the others and I felt he have a great performance which didn’t require a sympathy vote. He was funny and clearly enjoying himself. That said he didn’t overdo the interaction and he was frail

When not sitting down. The lights and screens were superb and the set list worked well. I expected the stop start into Cinema Show to be awful, but it was fine. The acoustic set was great and, although I would prefer the original arrangement, I liked the campfire Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. If anyone reading this is yet to go- you are in for a treat. My first gig with them was 41 years ago and the last one tonight was well worth the time, effort and wait. They did me proud.

• Can't add much more to the previous post. My expectations were seriously exceeded, and I'm really pleased we've booked for tonight as well - a great opportunity to say thanks for all the music, going way back to 1971. It will be very emotional at the end, but what a show to finish on!

• Great to see how many comments have said how good the shows were and better than hoped in light of health issues etc

Come on... Did we ever doubt they could pull this off! ..from a guy who has audiences eating out of his hand for 40 years 😄

Am tempted to try and get another night for the 02 now!

• Official Post

Great to see how many comments have said how good the shows were and better than hoped in light of health issues etc

Come on... Did we ever doubt they could pull this off! ..from a guy who has audiences eating out of his hand for 40 years 😄

Am tempted to try and get another night for the 02 now!

I was also pretty sure they would nail it if they ever decided to go out on tour again

Anybody who expects a Phil being 35 again shouldn't go.

• OK so I've watched several clips and I must say, I really, really hope this is the last tour now, because seeing poor Phil sitting down on a chair singing this songs and straining his voice is kind of sad to watch. Not that the performances are bad - they're actually impressive. But compared to the 2007 tour excellence, it doesn't feel as special as it should.

They're still talented, but they really, truly are at the end of their road. They took a big risk with this tour and while the audience is clearly happy I just cannot see them doing this again. I'm going to watch more clips though because I am enjoying them. :)

• Hi, don’t really know what I’m doing here so apologies if I’m writing random stuff in random place!
    we were at Newcastle last night. I meant to get a program as I always get one but I think it’s that long since I’ve been anywhere, I just completely forgot (either that or it’s my age!). I’m gutted. Thing is we live in west Cumbria so Newcastle is nearest and even that’s two hours away! Is there anybody from our patch who’s going to a concert?! Please?!
    Loved the concert but do worry for Phils health, looks frail which is sad.

• Official Post

Hi, don’t really know what I’m doing here so apologies if I’m writing random stuff in random place!
    we were at Newcastle last night. I meant to get a program as I always get one but I think it’s that long since I’ve been anywhere, I just completely forgot (either that or it’s my age!). I’m gutted. Thing is we live in west Cumbria so Newcastle is nearest and even that’s two hours away! Is there anybody from our patch who’s going to a concert?! Please?!
    Loved the concert but do worry for Phils health, looks frail which is sad.

welcome!

The programme used to be available in the merch store online, currently sold out, but I assume it will be back soon

https://shop.genesis-music.com…ts/genesis-tour-programme

• OK so I've watched several clips and I must say, I really, really hope this is the last tour now, because seeing poor Phil sitting down on a chair singing this songs and straining his voice is kind of sad to watch. Not that the performances are bad - they're actually impressive. But compared to the 2007 tour excellence, it doesn't feel as special as it should.

They're still talented, but they really, truly are at the end of their road. They took a big risk with this tour and while the audience is clearly happy I just cannot see them doing this again. I'm going to watch more clips though because I am enjoying them. :)

TBF this show show is genuinely a "be there moment" Watching clips doesn't sell it. I felt that it was about he band connecting with their fans. Regardless of our own thoughts about Phil's voice the show and the sound can never be replicated anywhere than the actual the actual place. Domino was spectacular.. Yes, Phil did look a little sad a times and air drummed at here and there but also when looking on at Nic he looked proud. Phil hasn't lost his self effacing sense of humour either. He still did the tambourine routine and there felt genuine love coming back from the crowd.

• Official Post

Another full show has been added to our YouTube Channel.

This time from Newcastle (1st Oct)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, i still wonder though what it is about TTT that makes him struggle so much with, but at least he has got better at remembering a little more, reading words and keeping in sync with the music.

• We know Phil, Tony, and Mike don't practice. Their performances are their practice. It make sense that they get better with each show.

I'm seeing the 1st and 2nd Chicago shows, and I know the first Chicago show won't be that good. They need to settle in.

• Rob, that would annoy some people. Especially if you did it without their permission. Making a multicam from mobile phone or point and shoot camera's isn't going to yield the best results.

Just enjoy things, why the need to beg/borrow and then bundle something up.

TGA