What did you have for breakfast today?

• In the process of clearing out some books today I came across a 1932 edition of The Book Of Breakfasts by F Marian Macneil, in which the preface quotes Samuel Johnson: "If an epicure could move by a wish in quest of sensual gratification, wherever he has supped, he would breakfast in Scotland."

Abandon all reason

• Fried eggs, scrapple, toast, and lots of hot coffee.

A few clarifications:

Do the eggs and/or the scrapple go on the toast? What's the arrangement?

How many eggs?

Where do you get your scrapple? Do they vary much?

The coffee - define lots.

I'm wondering what's the nearest UK equivalent of scrapple as we don't call anything that. I'm thinking it's probably brawn.

Today I had a bowl of Mrs B's home-made granola in cold semi-skimmed milk. It's lovely stuff. Plus a mug of tea.

Abandon all reason

• Chocolate chip pancakes from a cheap breakfast place, with generic syrup and sweetened whipped cream from one of those shaving foam can deals. I confess I was singularly unexcited about this. We got a bunch of pancakes because our house is full of kids for a sleepover birthday. I didn't even order for myself because I don't really like the place we ordered from, but there was so much and I was hungry so I went for it.

It was much better than it should have been! It was actually pretty delicious. Sometimes the simplest things work.

• It was much better than it should have been! It was actually pretty delicious. Sometimes the simplest things work.

And also, sometimes a bit of junk goes down a treat.

For me today, a bowl of branflakes in cold milk with a few raisins and banana slices, mug of tea. And my daily meds!

Abandon all reason