What did you have for breakfast today?

• Rich buttery scrambled eggs, honey roast pork sausage, toast, freezing cold fresh orange juice.

A proper WEEKEND breakfast. These days I think it's important to make the weekends as distinct as possible.

EDIT: erm.... it is Saturday, isn't it?!

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• Rich buttery scrambled eggs, honey roast pork sausage, toast, freezing cold fresh orange juice.

A proper WEEKEND breakfast. These days I think it's important to make the weekends as distinct as possible.

EDIT: erm.... it is Saturday, isn't it?!

Sounds wonderful! :P

I agree, it's difficult to tell which day is which, let alone whether or not it's the weekend ^^

I'm having a 3-egg omelette with lots of cheddar/jack cheese and crispy bacon folded in. Two slices of buttered toast with Strawberry jam. Glass of OJ.

• Sounds wonderful! :P

I agree, it's difficult to tell which day is which, let alone whether or not it's the weekend ^^

I'm having a 3-egg omelette with lots of cheddar/jack cheese and crispy bacon folded in. Two slices of buttered toast with Strawberry jam. Glass of OJ.

Oh man the cheese omelette, something I haven't had for a long time. 👍

And with toast & strawberry jam.... you retain the title of King of the Diverse Breakfast Combinations .

Abandon all reason

• Three fried eggs with HP sauce, bacon, two buttermilk waffles with maple syrup, sourdough toast with strawberry jam, V8 juice. Gawd, I'm full :huh:

I can spot 3 separate breakfasts in there! I know - you decided to save time and have all the day's meals at once.

All power to you and your wondrous breakfasts.

Abandon all reason

• I went French-style today: a lovely big flaky almond croissant - crisp on the outside, soft on the inside and studded with sweet almond paste - and a mug of rich hot chocolate. Later, a banana and a glass of orange juice.

Yesterday it was three slices of smoked salmon with lemon and black pepper, two thin slices of smoked Bavarian cheese, orange juice. I'll be having that again tomorrow.

Toast with marmite, mushrooms and spinach. Lovely . Looking forward to it tomorrow. Might have beans too.

Did you?

Tonight for dinner we're having baked jacket potato with baked beans. I do home-made baked beans, have done for years now and can't go back to the canned ones - mine are way superior.

Abandon all reason

• How do you make homemade baked beans.:?::rolleyes:..... I eat a lot from the family of beans, my favourite is broad beans... Lots of fibre in your diet!... :D

• How do you make homemade baked beans.:?::rolleyes:..... I eat a lot from the family of beans, my favourite is broad beans.

Yes I like beans, pulses, lentils etc - all very versatile.

Here's how you do home-made baked beans. As I said, they're vastly superior to ready-made canned ones. Although you need a can of haricot beans but if you prefer you can use the dried beans which you soak then boil separately beforehand.

Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan. Use this to gently fry a finely chopped half of a medium onion - white or red, your choice - together with a bayleaf and a sprig of thyme, and some salt and pepper.

Add in the drained beans and a very finely chopped clove of garlic, stir together for half a minute. Pour in about 170ml of passata, add half a tablespoon of tomato puree, and stir that in.

Then add a half teaspoon of English mustard, and one teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and half a tablespoon of soft dark brown muscovado sugar. Stir it all together ensuring the sugar has fully dissolved. Cover the pan and leave to gently simmer on the lowest heat for about 10 minutes at least, stirring occasionally to ensure it's not catching.

Optional: at the first stage when you fry the onion, if you eat meat you can add finely chopped smoked streaky bacon.

The beans can be made ahead of time and reheated, which I think improves them slightly. Remove the thyme and bayleaf before serving.

The beans can be frozen if needed.

Abandon all reason

• Thank you! :):thumbup: Will give it a try.....;)