What did you have for breakfast today?

• Went to Dobbies for a cooked breakfast (sausage, bacon, haggis, potato scone, beans, poached egg, slice of toast and a pot of tea) :P

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Went to Dobbies for a cooked breakfast (sausage, bacon, haggis, potato scone, beans, poached egg, slice of toast and a pot of tea) :P

Good bit of haggis? (I'm quite fussy about mine).

I'm trying to picture where Dobbies is in Edinburgh.

EDIT - just looked; is it the Lasswade one? - some way out. We have one on the outskirts of Inverness but I've never clocked whether it has a restaurant.

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• Yes that's the one. On holiday at the moment and we fancied a breakfast out. Should have had black pudding but I don't like it so asked for haggis instead. It was good quality, enjoyed it very much.

They have set menus now but in the past when I have been you could choose a 6 or 9 item breakfast. Enjoyed that better as you could choose exactly what you wanted.

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Good bit of haggis? (I'm quite fussy about mine).

I'm trying to picture where Dobbies is in Edinburgh.

EDIT - just looked; is it the Lasswade one? - some way out. We have one on the outskirts of Inverness but I've never clocked whether it has a restaurant.

Yes, Backdrifter and I are Haggis snobs! Lamb good, pork bad. A bit like Genesis really. The pig lies down on broadway doesn't really appeal!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Prefer a bacon sarnie!.......^^

Depends on the day. Sometimes the full cooked breakfast is required. But most of the time on days when I fancy bacon for breakfast, yes the bacon sandwich is unbeatable. For me, lightly smoked streaky bacon crisped on a griddle pan in a buttered morning roll or Glasgow roll, ketchup, sometimes English mustard too. Tip - before cooking, lay the bacon flat on a board and run the flat of a sharp knife along its length to press it out a bit. Pat dry with kitchen paper, then griddle - this gives extra crispyness.

Abandon all reason

• A new and delicious combo for me today: oatmeal, soaked overnight in a little water, heated with milk, coconut oil and a pinch of cinnamon, scattered with chopped prune. Definitely one I'll be having again.

Abandon all reason

• A new and delicious combo for me today: oatmeal, soaked overnight in a little water, heated with milk, coconut oil and a pinch of cinnamon, scattered with chopped prune. Definitely one I'll be having again.

I enjoyed this so much yesterday I had it again today.

Mrs B was inspired by my raving to try it but made it wrong and ended up with a too-dry lump of oatmeal she practically had to slice. But she agreed it tasted lovely.

Abandon all reason

• Will it be 4 days in a row

😂

I'll end your suspense. No, not today. A rare instance of a cooked breakfast this time - bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, fried egg, tomato and spinach, a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice.

I have the feeling the oatmeal will be back on the breakfast menu tomorrow though. But I must be careful to not make myself bored of it too quickly!

Abandon all reason