What did you have for breakfast today?

• I'm a big breakfast guy and it's the biggest meal of my day. I subscribe to the practice of eating breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dinner like a pauper. ;)

Today for breakfast I had :

A six egg white omelette with spinach and two slices of seven grain toasted bread. A bowl of oatmeal with a big handful of blueberries and some ground flax seed on top. A cup of yogurt, an 8oz glass of pineapple juice, and two cups of coffee.

• I'm a big breakfast guy and it's the biggest meal of my day. I subscribe to the practice of eating breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dinner like a pauper. ;)

Today for breakfast I had :

A six egg white omelette with spinach and two slices of seven grain toasted bread. A bowl of oatmeal with a big handful of blueberries and some ground flax seed on top. A cup of yogurt, an 8oz glass of pineapple juice, and two cups of coffee.

Your breakfast commitment is impressive. Clearly, when you have breakfast, you really have breakfast. I don't know about lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper - it sounds like your lunch and dinner were all included in breakfast!

Abandon all reason

• Your breakfast commitment is impressive. Clearly, when you have breakfast, you really have breakfast. I don't know about lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper - it sounds like your lunch and dinner were all included in breakfast!

Haha. Yes, breakfast is a big meal for me and I guess I treat it like most people do their dinner. I get up early every morning, prepare everything and it is a sit down, take my time meal. I grab the morning paper,a cup of coffee and dig in. The omelette is like my appetizer, with everything else the main course and the yogurt or whatever I sub for that is my desert. :)

My theory on this big meal is it keeps me satiated through the day so if I'm late with lunch, I don't feel off too much. Plus, I know I'm working off all those breakfast calories during my day.

Lunch like a Prince is basically something good and healthy but not nearly as filling or as many calories, and my pauper dinner is something really light and not many calories at all. Usually a nice salad with some grilled chicken or the like.

So far so good as my blood sugar has remained at an optimum level and my weight has been pretty much the same all my life +/- a couple of pounds. Not sure my eating habits will work for everyone but they work for me, and my guests always get a kick out of my breakfast. ^^