What did you have for breakfast today?

• Biscuits in sausage gravy with 4 strips of bacon and some scrambled eggs, plus a pancake with syrup and a glass of orange juice.

Fairly close to what I had yesterday:thumbup:. In my case it was biscuits in sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and French toast with syrup. My girlfriend is a country gal who likes to cook old-fashioned meals like that. I may die in ten years from a heart attack but at least it will be with a happy belly and a smile on my face :)

• I guess now that I’m almost 60 I better wear well. Compared to the others on this thread I’m sure not eating well.

I'm in the middle of a two week holiday, and just after a trip to a lakeside cabin. Most of my meals for the past week have incorporated barbecued steak, encrusted with a salt rich mix of spices and potatoes, usually with a heavy helping of butter, salt and pepper on top. So I share your hyperlipidemic uncertainty!

• :D

OATMEAL WARS!!! Next big thing the on The Food Network.

In all seriousness, @Backdrifter's oatmeal breakfast has long sounded nothing short of legendary to me, and the whole fruit in my oatmeal was frozen. If I had to guess, his would win in an "oatmeal breakfast competition" (sounds like a missing section of Supper's Ready!). However, the oats I use are made/grown in Dungarvan, Waterford, Ireland giving me a connection to home, and the orange blossom honey is a new discovery purchased at the roadside in Maine, and is absolutely gorgeous. So it might be tight!

In all seriousness, @Backdrifter's oatmeal breakfast has long sounded nothing short of legendary to me, and the whole fruit in my oatmeal was frozen. If I had to guess, his would win in an "oatmeal breakfast competition" (sounds like a missing section of Supper's Ready!). However, the oats I use are made/grown in Dungarvan, Waterford, Ireland giving me a connection to home, and the orange blossom honey is a new discovery purchased at the roadside in Maine, and is absolutely gorgeous. So it might be tight!

The Irish oats and the honey sound perfect. Personally not a fan of fresh or frozen fruit in oatmeal, porridge etc. But that's just me.

I'm not exaggerating when I say discovering my oatmeal combo last year revolutionised breakfast for me!

But today on a very different note I'm about to griddle some bacon, black pudding, lorne, mushroom and tomato to have with fried egg and some orange juice. A while since I had a cooked breakfast blow-out.

Abandon all reason

You could all write a new classic: "Breakfast's Ready"! ^^

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!