24, 25, 26 March 2022 | Genesis live in LONDON | reports

• apart from some resales, it looks like all 3 nights are pretty much sold out...guessing some thinking that these could be the last shows, and on home turf...nice if they do finish to full house. See you on the 25th 🤞

• Official Post

apart from some resales, it looks like all 3 nights are pretty much sold out...guessing some thinking that these could be the last shows, and on home turf...nice if they do finish to full house. See you on the 25th 🤞

Let's hope these shows will happen. In case the continental European shows cannot take place die to local restrictions, I am pretty sure they will also move London again.

• I can’t see that been fixed anytime soon it looks like a major issue now 6 full panels have gone. Considering how big the 02 is the amount of material torn is immense. It’s a major shame to be honest, I’m guessing that replacing the roof that’s gone will be a time consuming business it will have to be fully checked and structurally assessed for damage to the sections that held the roof up.

fingers crossed for the concerts that are due this week and next whoever they may be.

Edited once, last by Wayne ().

• But I don't think those panels are an integral part of the roof, I think they're an outer layer of sections that form the dome. Hopefully they're not vital to operations inside the complex.

Abandon all reason

• I think with the way things are over here in the current climate with health and safety they probably won’t re open it till the roof is fully enclosed again. I’m guessing there are a lot of electrical apparatus etc under that massive tarpaulin skin. Plus if it rains as is expected over coming days everything will be wet through. Hopefully it’s a quick repair if they have access to the materials.

• The area in question is basically where the shops are having seen inside footage today

O2 said it will stay closed tomorrow morning to access the damage.

The actual arena, has its own independent roof and isn't impacted.

It's just a question of inspecting tomorrow to see the full extent and then work on a repair or full replacement.

Arena shows I suspect will continue and perhaps o2 shops and restaurants will be closed or limited for period of time.

• I have one ticket for sale to see Genesis tomorrow (Sat 26th) at the O2 in London. Great seat in stalls near mixing desk Block B2 Row C Seat 30. Price is what I paid for it, £220. Would need to be collected from Notting Hill W11.

Call/Text me on 07887 565475 to arrange.

Apologies if this is against forum rules, I did try searching for guidance. If so mods feel free to delete.

The O2 concert is not tomorrow, it's Saturday 25th MARCH not February!!!

• just listening to Duke. 2 weeks to 02 show and really not sure how am going to feel. First saw in 1980.and these guys have been with me through marriage, birth of children and divorce!

I may be shedding a tear when it comes to showtime as a grown man , but reckon it will be worth it!

• The London show is nearly here.

I had originally thought about taking my camera and taking photos of the fans before the show, but I think will have issues taking my gear inside, so won't do that now.

I'm very grateful that I will be at the Friday show :thumbup:

• I may be shedding a tear when it comes to showtime as a grown man , but reckon it will be worth it!

I hear ya. I teared up several times when I saw them in Washington, DC in November: during the first few seconds of Behind the Lines; during Fading Lights and at the end of Afterglow; during Duchess; and pretty much throughout the entirety of DWTMK/Carpet Crawlers. I would have been in full-blown sobbing mode if they had played Apocalypse in 9/8. These guys and their music have been a tremendous source of comfort and escape during difficult times in my life, from deaths to divorce. And they've accompanied countless moments of joy.

• I totally understand why you had that reaction and I feel much the same. They have been a constant source of joy and comfort to me ever since I first heard their music coming from my brother's bedroom back in the mid 1970s. I am off to the London show next Thursday and I know this will be the last time I will see them live. I am not sure how I will react but I know it will be a deeply emotional night. I have lost both my mum and brother in the last six months and I think the end of Afterglow will be a very poignant moment. It will be the point I say goodbye to them as well as the band that provided the soundtrack to my life.

• I'm due to be at the final show. I'm anticipating a fair bit of emotion and will be (already am) thinking back to my first Genesis gigs in 1980 and the gradual realisation in the late 70s that I liked this special, unique band.

Abandon all reason

• I'm due to be at the final show. I'm anticipating a fair bit of emotion and will be (already am) thinking back to my first Genesis gigs in 1980 and the gradual realisation in the late 70s that I liked this special, unique band.

Nice one. :thumbup:

I've got tickets for the first two nights. Would be special to be at the absolutely last gig they ever do together.