24, 25, 26 March 2022 | Genesis live in LONDON | reports

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Full Concert

• Wow - what a last show! They were given a really good send off...a fitting end, and some quite emotional moments (in my opinion).

Needless to say, they sounded tight, strong, powerful and LOUD! It's fair to say Phil practically sang himself hoarse....he really went for it for the last show.

They got a standing ovation when they first walked on, before a note was even struck...and the audience remained standing until the end of their applause for TIOA.

Watching Phil air-drum from the back of stage while he watched Nic drumming on 2nd Home By The Sea was one such emotional moment for me. Again, during Firth of Fifth he sat proudly front of stage watching Nic whilst air-drumming along.

Fading Lights got me...the lyrics, as said on here previously, so poignant on the last night. The segue into Afterglow got me again, as did the applause and ovation at the end of Afterglow.

It was a great touch during the band intros to thank the crew, and backstage support, lighting, sound people etc....and it was good to see some of them doing "the walk" across the stage during I Can't Dance. Phil was visibly moved by the prolonged applause during the intros.

IKWIL was a highlight...the crowd were in good voice, and he had fun with it....we even had a 4 finger beat to clap along too.

Throwing It All Away (by no means a favourite of mine) was also poignant....the video screen images showing the band through the ages. I hadnt really noticed it on the previous show I saw (or maybe it just struck me more on the last show ever).

The ovation at the end of the show lasted forever...if they'd come back on for a 2nd encore it still wouldn't have been enough. Everyone on their feet, clapping, cheering, calling for more, with many visibly emotional.

By pure fluke, due to the rearranged dates etc, I was lucky to see the opening night of the tour in Birmingham and, tonight the last ever show...ever.

Its sad and emotional but they had a great send off.....the music and the memories live on.

Genesis...thank you...for everything!

• Noni Thanks for the video.

Its all over now, feel a bit sad, but we were very lucky that we managed to see them again this one last time.

Thanks Christian and to all other members who posted vids. I will never forget Birmingham-it was brilliant.

Different to Manchester 2007 but still as great. Most pleased I got this last chance to see them.

• To all those interested in this video, I suggest you all download this from YouTube incase it gets deleted.

If you want some Youtube 100% download guaranteed sites PM me ;)

• It’s nearly 9am (cause of the clocks going forward) and I’m still up! That’s what I hate with good shows, they get you proper wired.

I managed to record the whole show as one 2h31m 4K video on my camera.

It’s over a 100GB so it prob won’t upload till tomorrow ha.

• To be honest, I also got such an impression that after a break of about a year, Phil would go on a solo tour. He clearly emphasized that this is the last concert of ... Genesis. He didn't say it was his last concert in his life. I do not rule out surprises yet - but let Phil rest and improve his health for now. :)))))))))))))))))

• I went to Thursdays O2 show. Loved it. Very emotional. I saw nine shows from this tour in total (the first seven here in the UK + 2nd Liverpool + 1st O2) and loved them all. Very sad to think that this will be the end. But I am pleased they pulled it off. I now have seen 81 Genesis concerts in total. I have all my Genesis ticket stubs proudly framed hanging on my dining room wall. Huge THANKS.

• I went to Thursdays O2 show. Loved it. Very emotional. I saw nine shows from this tour in total (the first seven here in the UK + 2nd Liverpool + 1st O2) and loved them all. Very sad to think that this will be the end. But I am pleased they pulled it off. I now have seen 81 Genesis concerts in total. I have all my Genesis ticket stubs proudly framed hanging on my dining room wall. Huge THANKS.

Holy crap 81 shows? Phil should have thanked you after the crew last night!

• I got the impression from the way Phil worded it last night, he is going to do a solo tour?

Phil's son Nic just posted this on his Instagram account about an hour ago:

"~ What an honor and ride it’s been. Being part of their last lap around the track has been moving and amazing. 50+ years of music, friendship, and memories, @genesis_band thank you for letting me be part of the last few. And with that also comes the end of my old man’s time on stage. Thank you for the endless inspiration, drive, and love. To have shared this with you has been truly wonderful. ~"

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• First off, thanks to all of you who posted videos and thoughts on the final show (for those of you who were lucky enough to be in attendance last night at the O2). But, forgive me if I'm reading in between the lines, it sounded all a bit "anticlimactic". Not bringing Steve and Peter out for 1 song was a bit of a downer to long-time fans. At the very least, introducing them and thanking them for their contributions would have been a nice gesture and a way to close the loop. As someone stated, "it was business as usual" which is disappointing as a final show. From the sounds of it, the show could have happened in the US, Germany or anywhere else they played on this tour. Then again, Genesis have never bent over backwards for their fans (I know that I'll get torched for saying this) or have never struck me as such. They do what they want to do. And as far as the "they owe us nothing" argument, I can buy that in some respects but the reality is that they would not exist without the support (financial and otherwise) of their fanbase so let's temper that a little bit, shall we? And finally, for those of you hoping for a Phil solo tour, uhhh, keep dreaming. If you think he looks beat up now, he will exponentially look worse in the next couple of years. Sorry if this is a bit of a downer as a message..... This is the end....