24, 25, 26 March 2022 | Genesis live in LONDON | reports

• I didn't see any performances on this tour, but I've seen enough YouTube videos and interviews to appreciate how frail Phil is. I do think it's time he retired (not enough performers retire) and everyone can remember him for the great singer and stage performer he was.

We can never know what goes on behind the scenes, but Genesis seem to have had a very stop-start live career, with very long gaps between tours. Obviously we wish Covid and Phil's health hadn't got in the way this time, but they should have done this tour years ago.

I think the reason why it didn’t happen years ago is due to a number of factors: Phil “retired” after his Going Back solo record in 2010, went through some personal & health issues during retirement between 2010-2015 as detailed in his autobiography which he published in 2016, started to re-release all his solo albums starting in 2016 after re-mastering them with Nick Davis, got the itch to come out of retirement in 2016 and did so from 2017-2019 for his Not Dead Yet tour, which finally paved the way for this reunion/tour to happen after it became obvious that his son Nic was capable of handling the drumming duties and after Mike performed with him on stage during a show on the solo tour.

Edited 4 times, last by jrpm721 ().

• In my opinion, it is still possible that Phil will go on a solo tour in a year or two. In theory, Nicholas said it was the end of Phil's shows forever - but yesterday Phil was talking "only" about Genesis. We will see again, and I hope there will be this "last, farewell" solo tour in some time. Now let Phil rest, as he deserves it - and let him try to take care of his health.

• Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. I couldn't be there, but as a relative latecomer I can at least now say I was a Genesis fan while they existed!

Thanks to Phil, Tony, Mike and also Peter & Steve for the wonderful music they have given us through the years. I wish them all the best.

• Peter is too much of a gentleman to step in at the last second, steal the limelight and detract from the three men who have been Genesis for the vast majority of the band's existence.

Be interesting to know if it was ever officially mooted or even asked though!

Nick said about a week ago, he has not heard anything discussed in his presence about anything being planned and he didn't think it would happen.

• Re 9/8, actually his most recent interview clarified it up.

When he was asked to drum, he went and learned as many of the songs as possible, including bits like 9/8.

He said he had his favourites and asked the band to include them, but they said no for various reasons. Also, they couldn't do to many instrumentals due to Phil and so, it was never officially practiced by the band, just Nic learning as many of the songs on his own time pre the New York Practice.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

4K version finally processed by youtube!

Edited 4 times, last by Random: better link ().

• Feeling a little hollow now that they're finished. I mean, I thought they were finished for years before that so it makes no sense, but still... This tour truly was a gift. Maybe I'm overtired.

I was just thinking the same thing. I assumed they were done for good after 2007 but I didn’t have the same empty feeling then that I’m feeling now. Maybe it’s got more to do with me being 15 years older now. At 60 most of my life is behind me. I was thinking today that my favorite Genesis concert I ever attended was in August 1982–40 years ago. Man how time flies by.

• watching the youtube video of the Carpet Crawlers from last night and enjoying a beer

I would always known of Genesis and Phil Collins and Spotify has been such a great platform for quickly listening to music new and old. The moment i heard of the reunion tour been announced in March 2020 i went back to the hits and enjoyed them. Got my ticket to the Dublin show which was scheduled for November 2020 but obvs the baxtard of a virus arrived and it was rescheduled many times. When i saw the situation of the covid response between the Republic Of Ireland the UK through early-mid 2021 i knew in my mind The Dublin gigs were not happening and my only chance of seeing the guys live was going to the UK in the Autumn 2021. So after Dublin was 'cancelled (ie Postponed)' i said fuck it and got a ticket for Birmingham 2 and do not regret a single moment of it. The occasion was amazing and something ill always treasure esp with what is/was the current global situation. Nothing beats Live music

Lots of nervous posts here over the course of 2 years, enjoyed the community here and ill definly drop in for a browse from time to time.

• Official Post

For those who haven’t seen Richard’s photos yet

With Lily, Nic and an obvious one

• For those who haven’t seen Richard’s photos yet

With Lily, Nic and an obvious one

That top photo of Phil looks dreadful, I'm guessing what ever he's got, it does does not look good.

Glad they did this final tour. :)

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

That top photo of Phil looks dreadful, I'm guessing what ever he's got, it does does not look good.

Glad they did this final tour. :)

quite obviously he was taken by surprise. I have worse photos of myself ;)

• So that's it then, it's over. Genesis finally says goodbye, and they are now deemed an inactive band by Wikipedia.

Finished as a live band. They've played their last show. But the latest thing I saw about studio work was Phil's "never say never" around the time this tour started (or maybe when it was announced?)

• Official Post

Finished as a live band. They've played their last show. But the latest thing I saw about studio work was Phil's "never say never" around the time this tour started (or maybe when it was announced?)

I don't think Phil would push a new Genesis album - he can't drum anymore and they haven done something new together for 31 years. VERY unlikely!

What will happen: They will discuss releases from the archive and rereleases of material that's not available anymore. But whether or not something spectacular will happen at this end is in the stars...

• quite obviously he was taken by surprise. I have worse photos of myself ;)

Ditto. We equally can say he doesn't look too bad in the PG photo. A photo at just the 'wrong' moment can make a young healthy attractive person look a total mess.

This constant "he looks SO frail" mantra is irritating. I mean, for how many years have we all known he's physically infirm? YES WE KNOW HE LOOKS FRAIL. What next - "This rain is really wet"?!

Abandon all reason