24, 25, 26 March 2022 | Genesis live in LONDON | reports

• Nic says his dad is doing great and enjoying being retired. What more do we want?

Tony was the guest in an episode of Radio Rich Pickings not long ago where he reflected on the shows

Mike is back out with The Mechanics soon, isn't he? So we'll hear more from him.

Nic is with his own band again

Daryl doesn't have any updates on his website so I'm unsure if he's currently active in any projects.

What might be nice is if they wait a couple of years for the dust to settle then do a group interview to reminisce. Tony hinted that they might revisit the decision not to release a live video/album in a year or two, so a retrospective interview or interviews could work in that context.

• I don't think there will be any Genesis activity in any form by the end of 2023 - but I'd like to be wrong. Tony Smith said at the end of March that he would "clean up the archives." :))))))))))))) Sound engineers should focus on this, look for those "unique" ones - of which there are hundreds. :) Similarly at Phil's- someone should research his archive. :)))

• Official Post

Oh, did we miss the one year anniversary of their last show ryesterday? I have so many wonderful memories ...

• Crazy, already more than a year ago. Still hard to believe it's really over. Then again, they didn't do a lot since 1998 anyway. But this last run of shows was bittersweet on many levels.

... make tomorrow today!

• The 2007 tour was pretty notable in that intervening period.

of course. But not much more. That was my point. We pretty much lived without any major Genesis activity for two decades, so the full stop last year wasn't really suprising ... nor "painful" ;)

... make tomorrow today!

• Mike was on the BBC last week talking about the Mechanics Tour and Nic playing drums for him. He said Genesis definitely over for good. The last Gig was the last. The way he said it made me believe him.

Also I remember 3rd night Uk B'ham I thought Mike was in pain or had arthritis, I clearly saw him wince several times. Obviously he can still play as his is going on tour again. Like wise Daryl need a stool so was probable suffering from a bad back.

If you see the BBC interview it seemed to me Mike was saying were done, not because of Phils health but because as mike said they have been doing a long time and that was the last tour/gig.

• There's no serious doubt about this, is there? I mean in the sense that they *could* tour with Ray or Peter, it's as likely as a herd of elephants falling from the sky onto London this evening.

You sometimes hear the expression "running on petrol fumes". On this board, we run on the last few stray molecules left behind after the fumes have dispersed.

Abandon all reason

• I think a future tour is about as wishful as wishful thinking can get. A very unlikely, but slightly more conceivable possibility is a one-off performance for a special situation - maybe a charitable event or a tribute. That could result in Peter doing a song or two with Tony, Mike, and Steve. I hear no motivation to get together for old-times sake, but a specific cause or external obligation could provide the spur.

• Lets remember the Greatness so much enjoyment for so long, was anyone on here at Wembley this year? If so how do think it compared to 2007?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A very unlikely, but slightly more conceivable possibility is a one-off performance for a special situation - maybe a charitable event or a tribute. That could result in Peter doing a song or two with Tony, Mike, and Steve. I hear no motivation to get together for old-times sake, but a specific cause or external obligation could provide the spur.

I'm not claiming to know these guys but my gut feeling is that they wouldn't feel it'd be right to do that without PC.

Abandon all reason

• Lets remember the Greatness so much enjoyment for so long, was anyone on here at Wembley this year? If so how do think it compared to 2007?

I went to both. But it's hard to make a comparison, they were both different experiences 20 years apart. If you forced me to pick one, 07 would probably edge it on the basis I didn't think at the time I'd see them on stage again.

Abandon all reason

• Hi Backdrifter, I missed the 87 but I was at the 1992 Show and 2007 at Manchester, and this last one. I think 2007 was the best, Thats probably because I constantly watch the When in Rome video on You-Tube. I will have to watch the 92 concert again on YT.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes I went to both. The energy of the band in 87 was still very high and the crowd really added to it. Incredible atmosphere. I much preferred the 2007 setlist but the energy had (inevitably) dropped, particularly with Phil's drumming. Both were special gigs but for different reasons.

• Micklemus Thanks. Its a good job we have them to enjoy on Video for ever. Who's knows what type of View or experience I would have had if I had managed to get there in *87. As you say both high on Energy. Even non Genesis fans always comment on The 2007 gig on You Tube. Seems to be one of those very special concerts from any band at any time. I heard Chester, Mike And Daryl all say it was very special for them as well.

I know I've said this before, but 1982 was the tops for me. We got the full Supper's Ready, the Lamb, and at least the truncated '76 version of Watcher. The band was at it's peak in terms of energy and their playing, and they looked like a bar band in their t-shirts and jeans instead of those godawful Miami Vice suits, circa the IT tour.