PHIL COLLINS: Genesis won’t exist beyond 2021

• Blimey, what a bizarre sudden outburst of... not sure what to call it. Comparison griping?

I'm not convinced these citizens would in fact even be able to name songs by those two either, though they'd probably have at least heard of them.

SR will answer for themselves I'm sure but how do you know they didn't intend to call themselves Sliver Rainbow?!

To be more strictly accurate, "What a sudden outburst of.....finding the very first post by a new member to be disparaging criticism of a band member for no obvious reason. Not sure about you, but personally, if the first thing someone thinks to do on joining a new forum is to have a pop at one of the members of it's focus, I have to question their motives.

Sure, he doesn't have to like all the members equally, some of them at all, but most of us (the reasonable ones) don't feel the need to slag one of them off ever, let alone post #1. I have my favourites, but I don't feel the need to criticize, for example, Tony, as he has had less solo success. Indeed, he's not my least fave member anyway, but I keep my comments within the bounds of constructive or comparative criticism, we all have our favourites but I'm not sure commercial success is a good reason to have one.

More worrying is the fact that, as a long standing member, you should choose to back up said first time poster and his frankly uncalled for comment, rather than someone you have known for several years. I guess I know who to trust a little more in future.

Owing to bad timing, I seem to have missed SR's answer, but since it has been removed by a moderator, I'm guessing it was rude, insulting or vulgar, all of which backs up my thought on their character. I stand by my comments.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I never for a moment believed that there was hard line that Genesis was done as of December 31, 2021.

I always interpreted Phil's comments as "Genesis will not exist after this tour."

But not necessarily ending in 2021. I assumed the tour was going to continue for a few months into 2022. Even before the UK postponements.

• More worrying is the fact that, as a long standing member, you should choose to back up said first time poster and his frankly uncalled for comment, rather than someone you have known for several years. I guess I know who to trust a little more in future.

Laws a-mercy guv. I wasn't "backing him up", I thought his comment wasn't worth paying any attention. My reaction was solely to your suddenly invoking other acts in a somewhat overheated way, the tone of which you're maintaining here rather melodramatically. However, if you wish to use that exchange as a basis for not trusting me in future, that's a pity but I can't stop you.

Abandon all reason

• SR will answer for themselves I'm sure but how do you know they didn't intend to call themselves Sliver Rainbow?!

foxfeeder By the way if you're including the above as part of your perception I was backing SR up in some kind of opposition to you, I can at least clarify this part of my post was intended as a joke. Not an especially brilliant one, granted, but it was meant lightheartedly.

Abandon all reason