Is Tour Being Recorded?

• I imagine it could be esp having the camera's for the big screens etc

I wonder will there be freedom to allow fans take pics/videos, some artists ban any of that at there gigs

There were plenty of “bootleg” vids/recordings that popped up on YouTube of the 2007 tour. And there must be hundreds of bootlegs on YT of Genesis concerts, some dating back to the NC tour. One thing I’ve always admired about Genesis is that they take a pretty mellow attitude regarding unofficial copies of their shows being posted online.

• Does anyone know if all the shows are being officially recorded like they were during the 2007 tour?

I think it goes without saying that there will be a live recording available. Cd and/or DVD. Although they already have a recording of the rehearsals. I'm certainly not going to buy it. I'm sure I will really enjoy the live show. The atmosphere and the sense of occasion. But watching the documentary I'm not impressed. Phil has to sing the songs in a different way now and, although he is in tune, I dont like it. Plus no major band goes on tour these days without sequencing. That might be okay for the Spice Girls but It sounds too robotic. Nic is just diddling about over the top of sequenced beats most of the time!

• Official Post

The technical discussion has been moved to this thread

Sequencing, trigger and click-tracks

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I think it goes without saying that there will be a live recording available. Cd and/or DVD...watching the documentary I'm not impressed. Phil has to sing the songs in a different way now and, although he is in tune, I dont like it.

I think (unfortunately) that for any official release they'll really have to do a lot of work on Phil's voice.

His timing is all over the place - on so many songs the vocals are way out of sync with the music.

And I hate autotune, but sadly I think it might be necessary too.

• yes he said as much in an interview too, but said nothing of actually releasing any. I gather unfortunately at best it will be a comp of shows making a best of or one shoe they felt came off best rather than 2007 style all shows released.