RIP Thread!!

• Steve Harley/Cockney Rebel's first 2 hits were Mr Soft, and Judy Teen, both of which I felt had a little of "I know What I Like" about them at the time. RIP Steve, active until very recently.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Steve Harley has died aged 73. I confess I didn't know much beyond Make Me Smile, but I've always really liked that song and associate it with my parents as being music of their vintage. Rip.

Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me) was released in January 1975. So after Lamb, but before Trick.
    i.e. same 'vintage' as Genesis ;)

• I worship Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) but don't know Harley's other work at all - a similar thing I have with two of my other favourite songs, Africa by Toto and More Than A Feeling by Boston. Sometimes one song is enough. That probably sounds silly. RIP Mr Harley.

• I was only thinking of Steve Harley the other day, someone asked me what my favourite gig of all time has been I couldn't say but could list a top 10 and Steve Harley was in it. My one and only time of seeing him was at A New Day festival 2021. I was not a fan, just someone who quite liked what he had heard on the radio. He was wonderful. He struck me as a truly warm human being and the most perfect end to any festival I have ever been to . He gave a wonderfully warm and emotional experience at a time when we had been through the toughest times and lost loved ones and now we could see the light at the end of the tunnel , it was still scary but we were mixing with people again. It was one of those rare moments when I had no real expectations of performance and was totally knocked out. It was a rare and special moment. Myself and my wife promised ourselves to see him again, unfortunately we never did. I don't often feel that emotional at the passing of people I never met however Steve Harley due to the time I spent watching him in that field at that time is one of them.

• It was a rare and special moment. Myself and my wife promised ourselves to see him again, unfortunately we never did. I don't often feel that emotional at the passing of people I never met however Steve Harley due to the time I spent watching him in that field at that time is one of them.

Another chance, hello, another goodbye

And so many things we'll never see again

All the days of life that seem so unimportant

They seem to matter now and to count much later on

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.