RIP Thread!!

• Rest in Peace Margot Kidder........................ RiP Louise Lane :(

Her earlier films were very impressive.. Suffered from depression, became an alcoholic and I think drug addict too.... Even so, will be sorely missed!...:(

• Those things are true, but let's also emphasise the positives - she was a tireless activist and advocate on a range of political, environmental and social issues. She publicly supported good causes that helped people through education and empowerment. And she was vocal about her own mental health issues, which I'm sure helped other people to come to terms with their own too, as well as contributing to public understanding. So she enabled constructive things to come from her problems.

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• Burt Reynold has died aged 82 of a heart attack. :(

Was quite a good looking fellow in his early movies and prime of his acting career.. Thought he did not age that well as he got older.... Very similar in appearance to Tom Selleck with that moustache. Sadly had quite a tongue and cheek career.

From certain clips he appears as quite a funny man on screen... A have a few of his most famous movies. :)

RIP Burt Reynolds!!!!!.........:(  ;(

Edited 2 times, last by Noni ().

• Also, a couple of days ago, Jacqueline Pierce, best known as the wonderful Servilan in Blake's 7, a role meant for one episode but extended to the whole series.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Also, a couple of days ago, Jacqueline Pierce, best known as the wonderful Servilan in Blake's 7, a role meant for one episode but extended to the whole series.

I always hear the rasping voice of Avon - "Nice try, Servalan!" Sorry to learn she's departed.

(I think it's Pearce? I stand to be corrected though).

Abandon all reason

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

RIP Chas who died on the weekend. :(

Part of the Duo, Chas and Dave and very famous amongst all those with different interests in music.

They toured around a lot to a variety of pubs around UK and created a very good following.

Will be sadly missed!...:(

• Indeed, well said.

And just to remind ourselves of his versatility, here he is in 70s band Head Hands & Feet, who I recommend checking out for some great solid bluesy rock music

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Abandon all reason

• UK people of a certain age may join me in thinking it very sad news that Geoffrey Hayes, presenter of Rainbow, has died. I have fond memories of him and the show.

Abandon all reason

• And now we learn Geoff Emerick has departed, he who played such a crucial role in some of the most ground-breaking, brilliant music ever produced.

I recommend his book Here, There and Everywhere.

Abandon all reason

• (He wasn't my favorite president, but no one can doubt that he was a substantial and historically important person.)

R.I.P., George H.W. Bush

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• (He wasn't my favorite president, but no one can doubt that he was a substantial and historically important person.)

R.I.P., George H.W. Bush

George "W" Bush spoke well at the funeral. It's seems incredible to think of all the jibes he came in for during his presidency. The World would give it's right arm to have him back right now! ;)

Bush Sr. was a pretty good president, though, like Reagan, he seems to get a lot of credit for the fall of the Iron Curtain, yet the guy who should get it, Mikhail Gorbachov, gets little or none.

And with all the presidents on the front row, it was nice to see the only one who pre-dates the 90's, Jimmy Carter. For my money, the best man there and still sharp as a tack, mentally, judging by recent interviews I've heard.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• And with all the presidents on the front row, it was nice to see the only one who pre-dates the 90's, Jimmy Carter. For my money, the best man there and still sharp as a tack, mentally, judging by recent interviews I've heard.

Surely one of the most decent people ever to have graced frontline politics.

And to add to your list, still - or at least until quite recently - building homes for the underprivileged.

Could there be a greater contrast with the cruel, ignorant waste of skin currently dragging the office of US President through the dirt?

Abandon all reason