RIP Thread!!

• For those who may not know, Helen Reddy passed away yesterday (on Tuesday). I enjoyed many of her songs, such as I Don't Know How To Love Him, I Am Woman, and of course Delta Dawn. She hailed from Australia. May she rest in peace

• For those who may not know, Helen Reddy passed away yesterday (on Tuesday). I enjoyed many of her songs, such as I Don't Know How To Love Him, I Am Woman, and of course Delta Dawn. She hailed from Australia. May she rest in peace

Heard the news this morning. For the UK, I think her best known song/biggest hit was "Angie Baby" which deserved to be. RIP

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Eddie Van Halen has passed away after a long fight with throat cancer. He was 65. I got to see him perform at the '83 US Festival with Van Halen. He has left us with a vast catalog of amazing guitar licks. RIP Eddie :(

• A true stalwart of British cinema. Almost certainly the best Bond but will always be fondly remembered by me for films such as the Hill, The Man Who Would Be King, The Rock, Medicine Man, Highlander and the Untouchables. RIP Sean(007).:(

• I liked him in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. His character is so well played against the Indiana character and made it the best movie of the first 3. Connery added a humor that was missing from the previous movies.

• will always be fondly remembered by me for films such as the Hill

I'm glad someone else mentioned this.

For all the understandable focus on the Bond work and big roles like The Untouchables, The Hill is the one I always immediately think of, with his gritty muscular performance in this very overlooked, somewhat forgotten early 60s film, set in a military prison camp. Anyone else here ever seen it?

It's my favourite work of his. It also features Ian Hendry, someone I always liked but who's been rather forgotten now, in a quite unpleasant role. It has a very dramatic ending featuring a great impassioned moment from Connery, very striking.

Abandon all reason

• Certainly in terms of the quality of the relevant films I'd go Craig > Dalton > Connery. I find the 60s and 70s/80s Bonds unwatchable now, though can just about stomach a couple of the Connery ones on a good day. Which isn't to do with him, more about the style of the films generally.

Which is why I'd much rather celebrate his career by remembering some of his other, better work. One we haven't mentioned that also gets overlooked is Outland, essentially High Noon in space.

Abandon all reason

• Ken Hensley died yesterday.at the age of 75. Another great one gone. I never saw him with Urial Heep by the time I first them , he had already left the band , ( but they were still Heep of course), but I had a great night at the Robin (1) in Wolverhampton enjoying him play with John Lawton , doing a brilliant set of old Heep songs , it must have been about 20 years or so ago a really fun night with an audience of about 200 people. They came over as thoroughly enjoying themselves and sat down afterwards with whoever wanted a chat , my copy of Firefly signed by both is treasured .

I have had many a happy hour listening to Uriah Heep, Easy Livin', The Wizard, Stealin' , The Magicians Birthday and July Morning to name a few of their best immediately spring to mind. Very sad news.

• Ken Hensley died yesterday.at the age of 75. Another great one gone. I never saw him with Urial Heep by the time I first them , he had already left the band , ( but they were still Heep of course), but I had a great night at the Robin (1) in Wolverhampton enjoying him play with John Lawton , doing a brilliant set of old Heep songs , it must have been about 20 years or so ago a really fun night with an audience of about 200 people. They came over as thoroughly enjoying themselves and sat down afterwards with whoever wanted a chat , my copy of Firefly signed by both is treasured .

I have had many a happy hour listening to Uriah Heep, Easy Livin', The Wizard, Stealin' , The Magicians Birthday and July Morning to name a few of their best immediately spring to mind. Very sad news.

Yes, I heard the news about an hour ago. Very sad. I love those same Uriah Heep songs that you mentioned, and much of what I enjoy about them is Ken's Hammond organ playing. I never saw them in concert, unfortunately. RIP Ken. :(

• Yes, I heard the news about an hour ago. Very sad. I love those same Uriah Heep songs that you mentioned, and much of what I enjoy about them is Ken's Hammond organ playing. I never saw them in concert, unfortunately. RIP Ken. :(

I forgot Lady In Black !!!! Shame on me. Watching it now