RIP Thread!!

• Lee Kerslake died in September. Trevor Bolder gone a few years ago. David Byron back in the Seventies. Gary Thain Now Ken has gone. They're not doing well.

• He was great. My personal favourite was Jimmy in Reginald Perrin. He was the best one in it. Somehow after the show ended Jimmy ended up dealing with international trade . " Bit of a cock up on the Brexit front"

• Shame, he was a fine comic actor, he was superb in "The Kipper and the Corpse" episode of Fawlty Towers

I always liked him and yes, he was as usual excellent as the bizarrely sausages-obsessed doctor. The final shot of him is wonderful, frying sausages himself, with a pleased look on his face.

Abandon all reason

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sad news for fans of early Strawbs.

Tony Hooper, who was an integral member on the band's first five albums, died yesterday.

He was 77.

From what I read, he was being treated for oral cancer and contracted C-19 while in hospital.

The music and his contributions will certainly live on in my heart.

• Sad news for fans of early Strawbs.

Tony Hooper, who was an integral member on the band's first five albums, died yesterday.

He was 77.

From what I read, he was being treated for oral cancer and contracted C-19 while in hospital.

The music and his contributions will certainly live on in my heart.

Very sad 😔

• Definitely had talent , but came across as a very sad human being , not sure why he was put on a pedestal by so many .

He's in the hands of God now. RIP

• I watched "The Hand Of God" documentary last night. I don't think it was very appropriate. Ex England footballers re watching the 1986 quarter final. Many calling him a cheat and how gutted they feel. I guess I was pretty gutted at the time but they all bloody cheat. Maradona was right when he said it was a trick , part of the game. All footballers dive , claim penalties , hand ball, foul, argue with the about stuff they know is wrong. Look at Thiery Henry and his hand ball a few years ago. It's bit rich when professional footballers complain about others cheating!! Apart from Gary Liniker of course who never cheated . Ironically he was the only one who didn't hold a grudge.

• So sorry to hear that David Saunders aka NedFlanders123 has passed away. :(

He has a post just above in this topic.

R I P David

😦

I did not know him in person but it is a shock to hear of a forum member passing like that. He seemed like a genuine, nice guy from my limited interaction on here. RIP.