RIP Thread!!

• Lee Kerslake died in September. Trevor Bolder gone a few years ago. David Byron back in the Seventies. Gary Thain Now Ken has gone. They're not doing well.

• He was great. My personal favourite was Jimmy in Reginald Perrin. He was the best one in it. Somehow after the show ended Jimmy ended up dealing with international trade . " Bit of a cock up on the Brexit front"

• Shame, he was a fine comic actor, he was superb in "The Kipper and the Corpse" episode of Fawlty Towers

I always liked him and yes, he was as usual excellent as the bizarrely sausages-obsessed doctor. The final shot of him is wonderful, frying sausages himself, with a pleased look on his face.

Abandon all reason

• Sad news for fans of early Strawbs.

Tony Hooper, who was an integral member on the band's first five albums, died yesterday.

He was 77.

From what I read, he was being treated for oral cancer and contracted C-19 while in hospital.

The music and his contributions will certainly live on in my heart.

• Sad news for fans of early Strawbs.

Tony Hooper, who was an integral member on the band's first five albums, died yesterday.

He was 77.

From what I read, he was being treated for oral cancer and contracted C-19 while in hospital.

The music and his contributions will certainly live on in my heart.

Very sad 😔

• Diego Maradona.

Now there's the passing of a legend. Flawed genius, larger than life. What an unbelievably huge character to be lost from the football world. RIP. Too young.

• Diego Maradona.

Now there's the passing of a legend. Flawed genius, larger than life. What an unbelievably huge character to be lost from the football world. RIP. Too young.

He took a lot of drugs after his career ended.

• Definitely had talent , but came across as a very sad human being , not sure why he was put on a pedestal by so many .

He's in the hands of God now. RIP

• I watched "The Hand Of God" documentary last night. I don't think it was very appropriate. Ex England footballers re watching the 1986 quarter final. Many calling him a cheat and how gutted they feel. I guess I was pretty gutted at the time but they all bloody cheat. Maradona was right when he said it was a trick , part of the game. All footballers dive , claim penalties , hand ball, foul, argue with the about stuff they know is wrong. Look at Thiery Henry and his hand ball a few years ago. It's bit rich when professional footballers complain about others cheating!! Apart from Gary Liniker of course who never cheated . Ironically he was the only one who didn't hold a grudge.

• So sorry to hear that David Saunders aka NedFlanders123 has passed away. :(

He has a post just above in this topic.

R I P David

😦

I did not know him in person but it is a shock to hear of a forum member passing like that. He seemed like a genuine, nice guy from my limited interaction on here. RIP.

• So sorry to hear that David Saunders aka NedFlanders123 has passed away. :(

He has a post just above in this topic.

R I P David

I agree with thewatcher that even when you don't personally know members they become familiar through their posts and it's a shock to learn they've died. I liked Ned's comments and shall miss him. Squigelyfox thanks for letting us know.

Abandon all reason