RIP Thread!!

• I'm very sorry to hear about Dave's passing.

We traded music a number of times over the years and on each of those occasions, he went above and beyond by sending me other artists from his collection that he thought I might like.

Occasionally, if I asked a question on the forum about a band or artist that I had a growing curiosity about, I would get a private message from Dave, saying, hold off, I'm going to send you an album or two by these guys.

I never met him in person, but I think it would have been a pleasure if I did. He was clearly a music fanatic but on top of that, he seemed like a thoughtful person.

• So sorry to hear that David Saunders aka NedFlanders123 has passed away. :(

He has a post just above in this topic.

R I P David

OMG !!!! 8|

That really saddens me. ;(... I last spoke to David 2 months ago and had plans going home and seeing him in Scotland. He had only just retired in the last few years and spent time doing up his house in Scotland.

He was one of the people who expanded my knowledge of progressive rock to another level completely.

Through several forums ago, we first made contact on the Rajaz forum associated with the band Camel as you may know Squigelyfox.

The rest of the day will reflect on the loss of not seeing him and his lack of posts on here. He was a good man and very kind indeed!.....

Thoughts go out to his wife and family.

RIP to a dear social media friend, the loss will make a huge impact on me.

• Talk about a shock. As you say, only posted here very very recently. What was the cause? Sympathy to all who knew him, even if only on the forum, and to his family.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Yes indeed Noni, I made contact with David too on Rajaz forum. Such a nice guy. ;(

• Yes, such a shock. I heard he had a heart attack, then passed away a few days later in hospital.

That is so terribly sad, and to read he only retired a few years ago makes it more so. I couldn't help noticing just now he started the coronavirus thread and how simple and heartfelt the first post from him was. Deepest sympathy to his family and the several people here who seemed to have really known him, sorry for your loss.

• So sorry to hear that David Saunders aka NedFlanders123 has passed away. :(

He has a post just above in this topic.

R I P David

I was devastated when I heard this. David was such a genuinely good guy. He probably had the largest collection of music of anyone I know and was always happy to share with others. We exchanged music for over 10 years and spent many an hour talking about the music we both liked. I even had the opportunity to have a few drinks with him and Janice when they came through to Edinburgh.

Such a tragedy for a nice guy;(

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Very sad , so sorry to hear that. I don't know any of you guys but this is a small enough forum to make me feel like part of a community with a connection to you all. Am genuinely saddened by this . He was obviously a huge music enthusiast and lovely to hear such nice comments about him from those of you that knew him. Condolences to his family and friends .

• RIP Dame Barbara Windsor, who died aged 83. She was also quite ill. :(

Famous for the Carry On films and later in her acting career with Eastenders.

She had such a unique laugh.

• R.I.P. Leslie West

Yep. My brother told me of his passing. Doesn't get any more rockin' than "Mississippi Queen." Leslie was a legend in his own time.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• RIP Larry King.:(

A giant of US broadcasting who achieved worldwide fame for interviewing political leaders and celebrities, has died at the age of 87.

King conducted an estimated 50,000 interviews in his six-decade career, which included 25 years as host of the popular CNN talk show Larry King Live.