RIP Thread!!

• RIP Larry King.:(

A giant of US broadcasting who achieved worldwide fame for interviewing political leaders and celebrities, has died at the age of 87.

King conducted an estimated 50,000 interviews in his six-decade career, which included 25 years as host of the popular CNN talk show Larry King Live.

He had a knack for interviewing people. A legend in the biz. RIP, Larry :(

• RIP Sir Captain Tom Moore....:(

RIP to a very fine man and broke quite few records along the way being 100. Oldest person to reach No1 in the music charts and raising well over £33M, plus he even got promoted and Knighted. At least he enjoyed those moments before he died.

Not only in UK he was remembered but throughout the world too!.... What an icon!....

RIP Sir Tom..:(

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• Indeed, RIP Captain Sir Tom. One of the generation who lived through 6 years of WW2, not knowing whether we'd even win, let alone how long it would take. "Covid's going on too long" moaners (and I don't mean forum members by that) take note.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Christopher Plummer, of Sound of Music fame.

He was a great actor and so much more than that role. I loved his villain in star trek VI. Great screen presence.

Wow, yes he was such an icon in movies. Loved the 1976 film Silent Partner. RIP to another legend. :(

RIP Christopher Plummer  :(

He was a great actor and so much more than that role. I loved his villain in star trek VI. Great screen presence.

It's a really sad loss. Understandable he's remembered as Von Trapp of course but yes he had a great career. ^Agreed re Silent Partner, also he is superb in The Insider and the English language Girl With A Dragon Tattoo.

Abandon all reason

• and I just read this absolute pearl of a story about him!

"My favourite Plummer story is from the 50s in Stratford Ontario Canada. Plummer was in a production of Henry V and one night after a romp with a lady he was injured in the gentleman area and unable to perform the following day. This meant his understudy was given the chance to shine and thus launch his own successful acting career. And shine he did as that understudy was William “capt Kirk” Shatner."

I never knew that, and they started opposite each other in that star trek. Life is strange.

• and I just read this absolute pearl of a story about him!

"My favourite Plummer story is from the 50s in Stratford Ontario Canada. Plummer was in a production of Henry V and one night after a romp with a lady he was injured in the gentleman area and unable to perform the following day. This meant his understudy was given the chance to shine and thus launch his own successful acting career. And shine he did as that understudy was William “capt Kirk” Shatner."

I never knew that, and they started opposite each other in that star trek. Life is strange.

Great story! ... thewatcher

Massively underrated, he was great in the recent "Knives Out" and also Dragnet with Hanks and Ackroyd. RIP

Ian

• Chick Corea has died of a rare cancer at 79. What an amazing artist he was, and a legend in the jazz fusion genre. I was very fortunate to witness his artistry with Return To Forever in concert a few years back. His contributions to the work of RTF, Hiromi Uehara and Miles Davis will live on forever. RIP Chick Corea :(

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• RIP Sabine Schmitz, one of the great drivers, being a woman not a consideration. Just watched her 10 minute lap of the Nuremburg ring. Such a sad loss.

Ian

• RIP Sabine Schmitz, one of the great drivers, being a woman not a consideration. Just watched her 10 minute lap of the Nuremburg ring. Such a sad loss.

Wow, just heard the news 8|

:(

So young too. She appeared on Top Gear being part of the new presenters after Clarkson, May and Hammond left the series.

• Also to the legendary F1 presenter Murray Walker, who presented motorsport for almost 50 years. He was such an icon and much loved throughout the world.

RIP Murray Walker aged 97. :(