RIP Thread!!

• Just remembered this instrumental track by Darryl Way's Wolf, named after Ian McDonald, who produced their first album, after Darryl Way had left Curved Air

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/medai]

• Just remembered this instrumental track by Darryl Way's Wolf, named after Ian McDonald, who produced their first album, after Darryl Way had left Curved Air

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/medai]

I have all Darryl Way's albums including Wolf.. This is an excellent album.

• I have all Darryl Way's albums including Wolf.. This is an excellent album.

First live gig I ever went to was Wolf, at St. Albans City Hall in about 1973.

I saw Gordon Giltrap with John Etheridge a few years ago, and Giltrap mentioned he met Etheridge when he supported Wolf on tour, so I wonder if he was the support that I saw and didn't pay much attention to (to my shame).

Apart from his time with Curved Air, I only have the the three Wolf albums and Concerto for Electric Violin I should probably check some of his other work.

• Just heard about Ian McDonald... in founding King Crimson he also helped found the progressive rock genre. R.I.P. Ian and thanks for some great contributions to music (and of course for creating a timeless debut album that helped change music).

• Wow! Thanks for posting this sad news!

RIP Gary!.....😢

• Mark Lanegan, RIP. Only 57. Sang on Songs for the Deaf, a favorite of mine, and this beautiful track:

External Content youtu.be

• In memory of Ian McDonald, here's a superb track from his solo album Driver's Eyes, released on Steve Hackett's then-label, Camino, "Let There Be Light", vocals Gary Brooker, Lyrics Pete Sinfeild, awash with mellotron:

Ian McDonald - Let There Be Light (1999) - YouTube

To quote myself, I posted this on Ian McDonald's passing with Gary on vocals. And then 1 week later, Gary departs. Bizarre, and a shock to say the least. Gary and PH made some amazing music, Whiter Shade of Pale could very well be the best cahrt hit ever, I wouldn't argue against it, but others like Conquistador and A Salty Dog show they were no one-hit wonder.

RIP Gary.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Back in the 70s a girlfriend had an EP with Whiter Shade, Salty Dog, Homburg and Conquistador.
    I found a CD copy of it some years ago and was only listening to it a few days ago.

I recently saw this on YouTube, his voice was still great in 2006

External Content www.youtube.com

• Very sad news. I have most of the Procol Harum albums. Got to see them perform on the Something Magic tour in the mid 70s. RIP Gary :(

In doing a gig search for the Procol Harum 'Something Magic' show I attended in 1977, I was reminded that Dee Murray, of the original Elton John lineup, filled in on bass in the absence of Chris Copping who'd left Procol Harum prior to the North American leg of the tour. Sadly, Dee left us all too soon as well. He played on so many classic EJ songs.

Here's a pic from that 1977 PH tour

• The king of cricket has died. R.I.P. Shane Warne, only 52.

Although I don't watch cricket, he was one of my Dad's sporting heroes. He's heartbroken.

Oddly enough, Warne died just hours after another Australian cricketer died, Rod Marsh. Warne tributed Marsh on Twitter, and then died himself of a sudden heart attack. A tragic day for Australian fans of cricket.

Although I don't watch cricket, he was one of my Dad's sporting heroes. He's heartbroken.

Oddly enough, Warne died just hours after another Australian cricketer died, Rod Marsh. Warne tributed Marsh on Twitter, and then died himself of a sudden heart attack. A tragic day for Australian fans of cricket.

Huge shock. It's been hard to come to terms with this morning.

Personally I don't follow Cricket, just find this sport too long and dreary. The only time I enjoy Cricket is the World Cup as it's easy to follow and the game is over in 1 day....😁

However, very sad at such a young age of 52. I only know of a few Crickers and one of them is Ian Botham.

From all accounts very much admired by the sports pundits.

RIP Shane!....:(

• I feel you are damning the sport with faint praise! ;) How a team can ever have a draw in a game with scores in the hundreds makes no sense.

However, There are legends in the game, such as Botham, and Warne was clearly one among them. 52 is far too young, a tragedy. RIP.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!