RIP Thread!!

• I don't follow cricket either, but my Dad loves cricket and is a huge fan of Warne.

• I feel you are damning the sport with faint praise! ;) How a team can ever have a draw in a game with scores in the hundreds makes no sense.

However, There are legends in the game, such as Botham, and Warne was clearly one among them. 52 is far too young, a tragedy. RIP.

I'm not damning the sport, it's just not my cup of tea, I'm afraid!.... However I mentioned enjoying the World Cup of Cricket as it's over in one day!...;)

Formula 1 is my passion, but not everyone likes this sport.

• So sorry to hear that David Saunders aka NedFlanders123 has passed away. :(

He has a post just above in this topic.

R I P David

I am so immensely sorry for having missed this - due to my lack of forum activity at the time, I had no idea he had passed on. But it is never too late to say goodbye to a good friend who has departed.

Rest in sweet peace, Dave - he sent me a lot of wonderful music for a few years, music that I treasure to this very day, and I thanked him many times. He was such a generous and lovely man, and I hope his passing was as peaceful as can be.

;(

• I am so immensely sorry for having missed this - due to my lack of forum activity at the time, I had no idea he had passed on. But it is never too late to say goodbye to a good friend who has departed.

Rest in sweet peace, Dave - he sent me a lot of wonderful music for a few years, music that I treasure to this very day, and I thanked him many times. He was such a generous and lovely man, and I hope his passing was as peaceful as can be.

;(

Still think about him today. Believe I had just spoken to Dave a month before he just passed away. At the time he was in a lot of pain and very tired. :(

One of the most knowledgeable in music I know.

• Due to the ongoing war (Sorry Putin, it's a war, and you're a habitual liar!) in Ukraine, the news channels have not been focusing on the more mundane stories of late, so it was by pure chance that I stumbled across a couple of deaths that would normally have been mainstream:

Willian Hurt, US actor, age 72.

Peter Bowles, UK actor, very well known here for both serious roles, and comedies, both of which he has been main character and guest star in. Age 85.

RIP both.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I remember Peter Bowles in 'To the Manor Born' and 'Only When I laugh'... Great series.....

RIP to both actors!.....:(

• I didn't know. Very sad . I liked both.

• Very sad and shocked about the death of Taylor Hawkins. ;(

Love Foo Fighters and Taylor, one of the best drummers.

R I P Lovely Taylor

I have not heard any music by Foo Fighters, probably with the radio without knowing.

Our radio stations suck in Ontario as they never announce the artists who's playing!.. :(

RIP Taylor Hawkins :(

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• I only recently got into Foo Fighters through their most recent album, Medicine at Midnight.

R.I.P. to Taylor Hawkins, he had a lot of drugs him in at the time so it's clear he was struggling.

• I didn't know their music at all. However a Facebook friend of mine pointed out that Dave Grohl was a drummer, lost his frontman, became a frontman himself, and has now lost his drummer.

• RIP June Brown who played Eastenders Dot Cotton for well over 30 years has died at the age of 95.

She was well loved amongst fellow actors and the public. She retired from acting due to losing part of her vision and decided to call it a day.

RIP! :(

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• RIP Naomi Judd died today, mother of Ashley Judd the actress.

Part of a duo country singers act with her other daughter Wynonna. The Judds

Aged 76

:(