RIP Thread!!

• Official Post

Alan Fletcher from Depeche Mode too, I've just heard. What a sad day.

yes indeed. Just 60, way too early.

• Very sad to hear about them all, but Ray Liotta especially as I loved his work so much. I think of him as a Christopher Walken type actor, flies under the radar, understated, a bit left field, great.

• Very sad to hear about them all, but Ray Liotta especially as I loved his work so much. I think of him as a Christopher Walken type actor, flies under the radar, understated, a bit left field, great.

Pretty much have most of his movies. A typical action/thriller style actor. Got hooked on his roles when he starred with Sylvester Stallone in Copland and collected most of his works, except TV roles.

He had quite an iconic laugh and often starred into space with his mouth open.😁

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This was filmed recently just before his death. White's drum kit's stolen and his pride drum kit was when he played with John Lennon.

• Julee Cruise, singer and collaborator of David Lynch, passed away age 65. She had a very distinctive, ethereal style that added hugely to the director's work. Bit of a shock to hear she has died so young. RIP.

• RIP Peter Brook, one of the greatest theatre directors. He was innovative and produced highly distinctive stage work, one of the most famous being the 1970 radical RSC 'white box' Midsummer Night's Dream which is still talked about today. I saw some of his productions and liked the conciseness he brought to them - his 2001 Hamlet at the London Young Vic was stark and minimal but had great impact, and remains one of my favourite interpretations.

He's a huge loss to the world of theatre but he certainly left his mark and his influence will continue to be felt.

Abandon all reason

• One of my action heroes has died today aged 82 James Caan. He was quite a good looking dude from the mid 60s to mid 90s

Movies such as

Freebie And The Bean.1974.

Games.1967.(His wife actress now Katherine Ross)

God Father.

Alien Nation 1988

Red Line.7000.1965.

Rollerball.1975.

The Killer Elite.1975

Thief 1981. score by Tangerine Dream

RIP James!........:(

• Really sad that two actors with great and such different screen presence have left us in the last 24 hours: David Warner, and Paul Sorvino.

For me, DW in particular has been a fixture of my stage and screen viewing for as long as I can remember.

And as for Paul Sorvino - anyone who's really meticulous about how they slice garlic will always be thankful to him.

Abandon all reason

• Really sad that two actors with great and such different screen presence have left us in the last 24 hours: David Warner, and Paul Sorvino.

For me, DW in particular has been a fixture of my stage and screen viewing for as long as I can remember.

And as for Paul Sorvino - anyone who's really meticulous about how they slice garlic will always be thankful to him.

I'm more familiar with David Warner's work than Pauls

David famous for a couple Titanic movies, Airplane 79, Star Trek V, Tron, Time Bandit and many more films which I own.

RIP David and Paul. :(

• Ah yes, Time Bandits! A film I've always loved. Mainly due to a scene with David W in it. I worked for BT, and in 1986 was on a course at Horwood House near Milton Keynes. It's a hotel now, but was a BT management course facility back then. In the evenings, you could borrow video tapes from the reception and play them in the course rooms. We chose Time Bandits one night. When David, discussing the use of technology to rule the world, says "Show me Subscriber Trunk Dialling" we had to stop the tape cos we were laughing so hard.

Made funnier then as Subscriber Trunk Dialling, (or STD - has a different meaning now!) had only been completed in Sept 1979, I was involved in the final testing, prior to that, there were always a few places you needed the operator for, hard to believe 40 years on with everyone carrying a phone in their pocket.

RIP David, a Titanic performer.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Oh no... given his age it was going to happen soon but I was dreading it: RIP Bernard Cribbins. For a number of generations of viewers this is so, so sad.

Yes, and there's a whole generation who will think this is disrespectful but ...

.. will they bury him in a round hole or should it be square?

• I'd like to think he'd appreciate that.

Me too. But it is a huge and sad loss. Bernard was woven into the fabric of British showbiz like almost no other. Given that Benny Hill and Roy Kinnear both made it into Genesis related videos, I'm surprised Bernard didn't, and if he had, I'm sure he'd have been brilliant. As always!

RIP

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!