RIP Thread!!

• Me too. But it is a huge and sad loss. Bernard was woven into the fabric of British showbiz like almost no other. Given that Benny Hill and Roy Kinnear both made it into Genesis related videos, I'm surprised Bernard didn't, and if he had, I'm sure he'd have been brilliant. As always!

RIP

What a legend in the British Comedy and made several successful comedy songs.

Bernard Cribbrins will be mostly remembered in those Carry on films, but he also appeared on many more iconic films during that time period railway children and Dr Who. He was also a voice character in the Wombles and read many in the Jackanory kids programme.

Loved him in the Faulty Towers skit in the hotel inspectors.

RIP :( @ 93

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• Yes, and there's a whole generation who will think this is disrespectful but ...

.. will they bury him in a round hole or should it be square?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Bernard was woven into the fabric of British showbiz like almost no other.

Very well said and absolutely true. It was a remarkable tribute to him, and to how successful the Dr Who 'reboot' has been in so many ways, that he became beloved by a new generation through his brilliant, warm contribution to the show. Many of those newly acquainted with him that way will have gone on to enjoy seeing him in one of the 60s dalek films, which was also nicely referenced in the show.

He remained good value on panel shows as well.

A really touching moment came after enjoying him being his usual engaging self as a guest on a radio show a few years back. After he'd gone, the host said that in response to all the staff requesting it BC had happily indulged them, stood in reception and called out "OAKWORTH! OOOOAAAKWORTH!" - much to everyone's delight.

He was surely one of the most genuinely kind, gentle, good-humoured figures in British entertainment. What a huge loss.

Abandon all reason

• RIP Nichelle Nichols, best known as Uhura in Star Trek.

Before Star Trek she had gained acclaim for her Broadway appearances. In fact after the 1st series of Star Trek she got a Broadway offer and decided to take it and leave the show. She was persuaded to stay by Martin Luther King, who was a fan and said it was important for viewers to see a woman of colour in a prominent role.

After Star Trek she worked with NASA to help promote their work to minorities, very successfully.

Very sad to learn she's left us. Another screen fixture for many of us has gone.

Abandon all reason

• OMG! 8| Not another!!!

Used to have a slight crush on her in my earlier days!.... Blimey!!

RIP Nichelle Nichols, 😢

• A true trailblazer. She and William Shatner may not have shared the first interracial kiss on TV but it was probably the highest profile one to that point. Seemingly they both insisted it go ahead despite the network's reservations. RIP.

• RIP Roger E Mosley (Magum P.I.) who died in a car crash aged 83

:(

Loved this show!.... Still watch it today. He owns several helicopters and most of those stunts were done by him.

Was very sad when they never re-named the new TV series as in my eyes, Magnum was Tom Selleck. The same goes to Hawaii 5 0....

• OMG!!! 8|

RIP Dame Oliver Newton John ;(

Died aged 73......She was suffering with cancer.

Used to idolize her when I was younger and was she so beautiful . John Travolta will be devastated as they were close friends. Losing his wife last year and now close friend today, must be hurting him quite a lot.. :(

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• A much bigger loss than might first be thought, her early music was exceptional, but possibly overshadowed by her looks, which lets face it overshadowed many things. She made watching Grease bearable, no mean feat!

Her songs from the the early 70's are all superb, If Not For You, Banks Of The Ohio, and What Is Life are highlights, but the amazing version of "Love Song" is a slice of acoustic heaven, Female Voices is an ongoing thread at present, this is surely a performance that deserves including:

Olivia Newton-John - Love Song - YouTube

RIP Olivia.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!