Start and End Times

• So, I checked my tickets for the Birming Arena 21/09/2020 show just now, and I realised something. I'm pretty certain the start time was 19:30, but it's now 20:00 prompt. It's made me a bit nervous as, given the last train out of Birmingham to my town is 11:03, if it lasts longer than 2hours 25 mins, I'm gonna have to leave early in order to catch it.

Anyone else noticed the start times changing? or did I mess up and it was always 8pm? Also, roughly how long do you think the show will be?

--------------------------------------

'When you wake in the morning

Wake and find you're covered in cellophane

Well, there's a hole in there somewhere'

• On my tickets for the 21st it says 8pm prompt but on the stub it says 19.30. You will probably know the finish time as many on FB are going tonight so they are bound to post about it

• Thank you everyone who's posted, especially those who said about Mike not wanting to go beyond 2 hours. I guess he wants to go to bed at a reasonable time!

• I've been now and confirm it was the same for me.

Apparrently this is partly due to the venue being in a residential area and thus they have a curfew. I don't know if any arenas that are allowed to stay open later will get a few extra songs. (though I doubt it. It's pretty much a solid 2hrs 15 mins of songs)

• simoncarbon Thank you. Tonight's the night for me. Did it take long to get through the entrance, do they check every ones phone for covid passes/tests etc.

I am aiming to be there for 7pm.

As we were queueing at the doors they had a hi-vis-wearing "covid marshall" walking down the queue checking everyone's phone for covid pass etc.

Once at the door though, it's literally just a ticket scan and bag / pocket search etc.

Enjoy the show

• The Covid Marshall said to us that they were there to count on a counter how many people had provided their covid passes etc. but there wasn't any way that they could stop people without one from entering so people didn't need to worry.

I definitely showed them mine, because I went to the effort of printing the darn thing off.

Caveat: This is specifically my experiences from the second birmingham show, and other venues may be stricter! It's safer to bring the covid pass than not!

• The Covid Marshall said to us that they were there to count on a counter how many people had provided their covid passes etc. but there wasn't any way that they could stop people without one from entering so people didn't need to worry.

I definitely showed them mine, because I went to the effort of printing the darn thing off.

Caveat: This is specifically my experiences from the second birmingham show, and other venues may be stricter! It's safer to bring the covid pass than not!

As it's a condition of entry I would have thought there was every way that they could stop people entering. Some friends of mine went to a gig at Birmingham 02 Academy the other week and saw people without correct Covid paperwork/status turned away. If they say they can't stop unvaccinated people or people without -ve LFT then what is the point of emailing all this info out to ticket holders?

• simoncarbon Thank you. Tonight's the night for me. Did it take long to get through the entrance, do they check every ones phone for covid passes/tests etc.

I am aiming to be there for 7pm.

On Monday night it was much quicker than I expected. I was a bit miffed that we had to go through a metal detector to get in - the security guy asked me to hand over my phone so it didn't set it off. Only later I realised that he'd probably held hundreds of other peoples phones during the course of the evening - not exactly an ideal situation for a supposed 'covid secure' venue.

• On Monday night it was much quicker than I expected. I was a bit miffed that we had to go through a metal detector to get in - the security guy asked me to hand over my phone so it didn't set it off. Only later I realised that he'd probably held hundreds of other peoples phones during the course of the evening - not exactly an ideal situation for a supposed 'covid secure' venue.

I thought that they were wearing plastic disposable gloves. But I do get your point. The person who did the metal detector test on Tuesday didn't really touch my stuff. I think it was because I did it within arms reach.

• simoncarbon Thanks. I got there for 7pm last night. Took 2 mins to get in form the West Car Park side. No problem with the metal detector even though I had a phone on me.

Great show last night, it was much better than I expected-thanks to Luke warm reviews from some.

Every one is correct Nic is awesome on the drums-Incredible for his age.

8.15pm start. 10.30 finish. It was the same for Mon & Tues according to a chap I met who had been to all 3 at B'ham.

• Is there an opening band?

I bought tickets for the Glasgow show on Oct 8th, and it says the show starts at 6:30? I'm worried

about catching the train from Edinburgh to Glasgow and being there in time for the concert to start.

6:30 seems really early for a start time.